What's new

Original ALIEN DVD Has Been Re-Issued! (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well the documentary material in the Quadrilogy version is excellent and essential. If I had to choose, I would probably have to stick with the Quadrilogy version, but I have both editions anyway.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Ive got the Quadrilogy Set, The Legacy Set, The Legacy Documentary, The Alien Saga Documentary, and the Alien CAV Laserdisc Box set... and I wont be parting with any of them!

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
The Legacy 5th disc is the hour long ALIEN Legacy documentary, which is entirely about the making of the first film. Its a very entertaining look at the production of that film and is really essential to any ALIEN collection. I can't imagine why FOX would leave it off the Quadrilogy (maybe they didn't want that set to be any more intimidating than it already is) but it should have been on there, and it should have been included with this 2 disc re-issue. I'll never part with my copy of it.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

Oddities like alternate and missing dialogue aren't very suprising for a 70mm mix of the time period (e.g., Star Wars).

DJ

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)

Someone who has seen the 70mm version on numerous occasions and is a bit of a fan of the movie.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I looked for this title several times at Wal-Mart in their Alien vs Predator sets, and couldn't find the original release of ALIEN.

So, I tried searching several on-line retailers, and the very good www.digitaleyes.net has it available, brand spankin new for $12.98.

http://www.digitaleyes.net/Details.cfm?info=4110430DVD

It doesn't show up in their regular inventory when you do an "Alien" search. I found it by clicking on the other release of "Alien" and then clicking on Ridley Scott to find all of his titles, and the the original verison shows up.

It arrived today, and it is the version with the (I think) better Ridley commentary and isolated music score.

YEA!

:)

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks