What's new

Orgazmo & Half Baked SEs - Due 2/15/105 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Just announced from Universal Home Video is the long-awaited Orgazmo: Special Edition. Unfortunately however, it seems like the project has been scaled back from its once-planned double-disc set.The single-disc release will be available on February 15th with an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo sound. Retail will be $19.98.

Also announced for February 15th is a new Half Baked: Fully Baked Edition. This release will feature an anamorphic widescreen transfer (a separate fullscreen disc will also be available) with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS Surround tracks. Retail is also $19.98.

Bonus materials have yet to be announced.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Figures. I was sort of hoping they'd license it to Criterion. I can't believe we were just weeks from the release of the original, loaded SE (which was done right down to the menus, I believe) when Universal and USA merged.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I knew my holding out on HB was for good reason!!

:D

This will most definitely be mine on release day!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
If the all-star Orgazmo commentary is intact on this DVD release, we'll be getting two Kevin Smith commentaries on films he had nothing to do with (the other being Donnie Darko) on the same day.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Orgazmo is a bad movie, but in a good way. As much as I wish I could say I want a 2 disc version, I really don't think that I would care to see any supplements for this movie. I will buy it, but I am probably one of the few that doesn't care that this was downgraded to a 1 disc. Hopefully that means it will be cheaper. I really didn't want to spend too much money on this title anyway, so maybe this will work out good for me.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Orgazmo is a bad movie, but in a good way. As much as I wish I could say I want a 2 disc version, I really don't think that I would care to see any supplements for this movie. I will buy it, but I am probably one of the few that doesn't care that this was downgraded to a 1 disc. Hopefully that means it will be cheaper. I really didn't want to spend too much money on this title anyway, so maybe this will work out good for me.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
two great cult hits getting SE treatment (whatever that may mean). Brilliant!

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

Ok, is the year 105 going back in time or 2105? Cause, either way man, I'm not going to make it.

I'm happy that Orgazmo is FINALLY getting released. But I have to agree with Stephen on this one. Universal sat on this for years and now we're getting a scaled down version...which probably cost more to destroy the extras disc and repackage in a single disc edition? Who got fired over that genius idea? Unless they are just holding the 2 disc SE to release later, which would be even more genius.

Bruce

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Since I hadnt heard anything recently about the Orgazmo release, I checked dvdempire and they have it listed as comming out March 29.

While I'm happy it looks like its comming out, I am starting to get pissed by them constantly moving the release date back. Also I am confused by the product description on dvdempire, they list it as containing both theatrical and unnrated versions. Since it was released NC-17 what could have been cut out?

Perhaps there is a blockbuster/walmart safe version that will contain only the 'theatrical cut'( in reality a trimmed R rated version), and the real version will contain that plus the original nc-17 cut?

MattHR

Screenwriter

I'd guess that Universal has made minor changes to the NC-17 version, now calling it the "unrated" version. Otherwise Blockbuster, Walmart and other retailers would refuse to carry the NC-17 version.

The "unrated" version will likely be as "offensive", if not more than, the original NC-17 version. Here's hoping!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Did you see the cover of this Half Baked "Fully Baked" edition? Hilarious!

Dave Chappelle, and some other guys-
but did we mention DAVE CHAPPELLE?!?!

DAVE
CHAPPELLE

cha-ching. cha-ching. cha-ching.
We're riiiiiiiiiaach beotch!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks