Ordering from Next Big Thing Electronics?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by JamieS, May 16, 2003.

1. JamieS

JamieS Stunt Coordinator

After posting regarding ordering an HK 525 from etronics to be shipped to Canada I recieved and offer from a Canadian online retailer. Next Big Thing Electroincs.

The price although not quite as inexpensive was still what I felt very attractive and becuase it is a Canadian retailer I feel I could get better service and have a valid warrenty. I don't mind spending a few extra $ to support Canadian companies either.

Anyone have any experiences good or bad with this retailer (especially in Canada). This would be the first "big ticket" item I've ever ordered online and I am just being careful. I'd feel better if I could get some "references".

Thanks![​IMG]

2. sam_canavo

sam_canavo Stunt Coordinator

I have never ordered from them but I see that johnnyg
    seems to be involved if not the owner. Do a search on this
    forum and I am sure his name will come up. Just wondered
    if you could post the web site. I have searched for Next Big Thing Electronics and can't find anything.
    Thanks.

3. JamieS

JamieS Stunt Coordinator

Here you go

http://www.nbtelectronics.com/

I liked the tone of communication with Johnny G. I looked at some of his postes and he seems to know his stuff. I don't want to seem like I am questioning "him" just that I feel more comfortable if I hear some first hand experience. Even the best owner in the world can't contol employees or shipping etc. I expect to hear good things but it makes me feel better when I do ![​IMG]

4. Panagioti

Panagioti Auditioning

Jamie, I posted on the other thread about doing the same or crossing the border myself do get the same receiver. Do you mind if I ask what kind of deal Next best thing (there website says $1779 so i can't imagine that is the deal you were talking about. Just PM me if you don't want to post. I am beginning to have the same second thoughts as you I believe.

5. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

I ordered a Panasonic phone from him a while ago, great service. I would recommend him.