What's new

order online and then....nothing (1 Viewer)

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
I ordered some new speakers last Friday early in the morning. Within minutes of placing the order I got a confirmation e-mail about placing the order. They informed me in the e-mail that they will send another e-mail with the tracking information.

I am usually a little bit cautious so I checked my on line credit card statement. At that time I had an authorization of $100 placed on my card. I find this interesting because my purchase was $1,400.

Anyways Monday comes and no shipping info e-mail and the authorization on my card was removed. Today I still don't have a charge or pending authorization and of coarse no shipping e-mail.

Its only been 3 business days so I am not panicking yet. I have not bothered to contact them. I sorta feel I really should not have to. In fact they claim if one or more items is not available they will contact me. Of coarse that has not happened.

I think maybe tomorrow I will contact them. In the mean time I am left hanging...THIS SUCKS!!!

Chris

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Scott,

I ordered my speakers from Wild West Electronics. Wharfedale Diamond 8 series.

Diamond 8.4 (Maple)
Diamond Center (Maple)
Diamond DFS x2 pair (Maple) for 7.1
PowerCube 12 Subwoofer

Chris

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I'd give them a call. Maybe they lost the order or something. The fact that your card hasn't been charged or authorized would seem to prove this. The $100 authorization was probably done by the site to validate the card #, not to actually authorize the funds.

KJP

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Today I sent an e-mail. Hopefully they will respond in a speedy fashion.

Today is the transition point from being curious to being a little angry. Today no shipping e-mail or charge on my account. At this point if one or more items is not available then I intend to cancel the order. I don't like it when a web merchant list something as in stock and then it is not. Wild West Electronics is suspect because everything on the site they claim is in stock. I highly doubt some of the Klipsch speakers they carry are in stock. Klipsch is changing everything around right now and they are hard to find as an example.

Chris

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Is Wild West even an authorized Wharfedale dealer? If not, therein lies a major, major problem. Also, show more initiative than a simple and easily ignored e-mail. Call them! Moving this to Retail Feedback.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Jack,

Wild West is an authorized dealer for Wharfedale. Many people here have ordered from them without much hassles. Not sure why the bad luck is landing on me. Perhaps the Diamond series speakers have had an increase in popularity.

I sent an e-mail and got an auto reply basicly saying because of high volumes of e-mail don't expect a reply for 24 to 48 hours. This is B.S. and I am going to give them a call. Sounds like they need to hire more help if it takes 2 days to respond to an e-mail.

Chris

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Well,

I called and talked to someone in shipping and receiving. The story is just about every speaker I ordered is currently on backorder. They said a truck arrived today with lots of Wharfedale speakers. He knows the 8.4's were on it and those should be going out today. He thought the surrounds and center should be on it as well. He knows the subwoofer is on backorder from Wharfedale.

I can live without the subwoofer or use my PB12 for now. PB12 might even be better anyway. But if the center is not at least on the truck I am going to cancel. I don't want to sit on a useless pair of speakers for a long time waiting for the other pieces to come in. Been there and done that. Backorder is an evil term.

They are supposed to let me know when they are finished off loading the truck and let me know what they got.

Chris

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
An update....

I called a second time and they did get some speakers off the truck. Problem is none of them are mine because they needed them to fill previous orders. I was informed that they should be shipped in 2 to 3 weeks. Another words they have a waiting list for these speakers.

I informed them not to ship until my order is complete. In the meantime I told them that I was going to shop elsewhere and possibly cancel the order.

The problem will be trying to find a different brand that is available in this same price bracket that actually sounds good. Research has shown that not much is available. Maybe Axiom or some of the new Klipsch offerings but I can't find any pricing info yet.

Chris

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Well....just an update.

I still have not received my speakers. The story I am getting is everything is in except the DFS Surround speakers. As soon as those come in they will ship. I was told they should ship this last Tuesday or Wednesday but that did not happen. I am now looking at other brands. Problem is I can't seem find anything in this price bracket that will even compare.

Also the Powercube speakers have been recalled. Apparently they have a very high defect rate because something breaks during shipping. New version should be out in June.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks