What's new

Opting FOR the popular (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Okay, how about the flipside? What are some things you will admit to joining the bandwagon only when it became popular?

My list would have to include...

Beer can collecting (I know, this dates me somewhat)

Texas Hold 'em (never heard of it before "Rounders" and "World Poker Tour" took off)

Lord Of the Rings movies (never read the books!)

To a lesser degree, I'd even have to say:

Dedicated home theater (started seeing them in the Robb Report, had to have one. Now they are even more common.)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Usually, I cave to pop culture with clothes and music. I tend to prefer more "classic" looking clothes, but now own shoes and jeans that are relatively "trendy."

And I openly admit to often being a bandwagon fan when it comes to musical artists.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Hmm, lets see...
  • Texas Hold em
  • Supporting the Toronto Maple Leafs only during Playoff Season
  • Lord of the Rings movies (which prompted me to read the books)
  • Harry Potter Movies (ditto)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
* I (heart) my iPod, 3rd Gen
* I started drinking wine after watching Sideways.
* A true Mac believer since 2003
* Body piercings (I thought they were really stupid in my tattoo-only days)
* DVD collection

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm a real bandwagon person when it comes to sports (with a few exceptions). It just isn't very fun to cheer for a losing team. :D

That's about it, I think... at least all I can think of right now.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i love my 4th gen ipod so much, and i love my 1 GB ipod shuffle even more.

i think the simpsons is just about the greatest show ever (but futurama is JUST as good)

i watch the shows lost, the sopranos, and csi, only on tape or dvd, never when they are on.

CJ

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I bought season 1 DVD boxsets for Lost and Desperate Housewives. I am now watching Lost Season 2.

I'm watching a hell of a lot of anime lately too - trendy shows like "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex", "Last Exile", "Gundam Seed", etc.

I've watched the Star Wars prequels, LOTR trilogy, Harry Potter.

I read the Harry Potter books too, although sadly I didn't buy the latest book but instead borrowed and read it a month after it came out. I'm such a loser!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Football - I actually like to watch other sports (baseball/hockey) but football I just do it ... because.

Going out to clubs (pre-kids). Just never liked it, usually couldn't understand a word anyone was saying, and had little fun; but I went because it seemed to be the thing to do. Don't get me wrong, I love to get bunch of folks together and go to a bar for a few, just not music thumping clubs.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
First 6-7 seasons of The Simpsons

Seinfeld

Friends- don't like it nearly as much as I used to, but I still like it, up until the last 2-3 seasons

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I love football, basketball, comic books, women, the "sauce", movies, all music except electronica, video games, and food.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks