What's new

Optical cable switch box? (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Ok, I'm not sure if I really need this or not, but I have to know if it exists. I have a Pioneer VSX-608 which has 3 optical inputs. They're currently used by my Tivo, DVD player, and PS2. The reason why I have a DVD player when I already have the PS 2 is because the DVD player's a 5-disc changer and it makes it very convenient to not have the kids touch it behind the glass door - we just leave one or two discs in there for them.
Anyway, now that the XBox is coming out with optical output, I'm having trouble making a decision - move the PS2 back to analog audio, or get an optical switchbox if it exists. I haven't seen one anywhere. Do they exist? Thanks.
Mike
------------------
Windows XP Resource
Listen to my radio station - Starman's Neverland
Link Removed

Camp

Senior HTF Member
They're out there for the lazy gamer willing to drop a couple hundred buck.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
Radio shack also sells a splitter type Optical module that only costs 10 bucks. You can leave your receiver on the same input and run two game systems thru it without switching. Of course you can only have one on at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks