What's new

Optavision HDMI 80 (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Did you read the previous post? IT IS A PIECE OF JUNK. Save your money and buy something decent. $500 - $600 will get you a brand new 720p projector, with a new bulb and full warranty.

durtkrazy

Auditioning
Real Name
john
Eric, i know some people give good reviews some bad. Im sure if we dug hard enough about any electronic item we would find something. but here is my experience with it. i have had my optavision projector about a year and a half now, mind you i do not use it every day. I use it with my kids for outdoor movies, i have an inflatable screen i use with it and it does the job. i also travel with it, when we go camping. For $290 or even $390 bucks you cant go wrong. I paid $950 bucks for my last epson projector and i do not see a big diff in picture. Now im not one of those perfect picture kind of guys, but you would think for the price diff i should be able to see with the naked eye. Just an opinion and good luck with your purchase.

stevenc32

Auditioning
Real Name
steven couthen
i dont know about u guys that is having a hard time with your optavision but i just got one yesterday and it works great and i love it!

mbm50

Auditioning
Real Name
Marzack
What is the throw distance on this device. How far can I project the image from? I'm considering buying one for the church

sthomp04

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Jim, you seem knowledgeable. I'm totally new to the projectors. I'd like to pay $400.00 or less if that's even possible. I'm wanting it for gaming and the occasional movie. What do you suggest I look for (Make/Model)? What gotcha's should I look out for buying used?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
My suggestion is to save more money. $600 or less will buy a new 720p projector, such as the Optoma HD66 or Acer 5360. I would never consider a used projector(even if an old lady says she only used it to watch mass on Sundays).

Davevc1970

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Van Cleve
I bought an hd9500 last night under a similar high pressure sales approach. I got the screen mount and projector for 300. The one guy told me they got it free and two minutes later the other guy said they were losing 50 bucks on the deal. Geez scammers get you're story straight BEFORE you stalk your victims.
The image is pretty crappy on tv 720p and the only acceptable image for pc is 800x600. I will likely only want to use it for parties and such when there's going to be a lot of noise anyway so the fans won't bother people. That said if it works for a while it would probably be decent for a dive sports or karaoke bar...IF. There is zero support for the product.
I wouldn't recommend the product, and the main reason is the noise and that brings me to my question. The lit on it says 22db quiet operation in ECO mode. I can't figure out how to activate this Eco mode so thing is loud as hell. Anyone able to figure out how to put it in "ECO" mode?
Thanks for any help.

jDD918

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
I was recently scammed by a guy who said his dad owns a Home Theater company called R&B Studio Design located at 4201 NW 3rd St. Oklahoma City, OK (fake address after researching) and had picked up 4 Home Theater systems from a contractor that had gone bankrupt. The only reason I fell for it was because my boss called me and told me I should jump on this amazing $8,000 dollar system for only $500. I showed up and this guy's name was Brant Ray Holloway. He says he is from Mooreland, OK and now lives in Edmond, OK. He was driving a black Yukon Denali and had the systems in the back of his car in the bank parking lot. You can find his mugshot at mugshots.com and typing in his name Brant Ray Holloway. Also, if you google his name you will find it on Ripoffreport.com and find out he has been scamming people for many years. What a POS.
Anyways, after much research including this forum, the system he sold me is complete BS....I checked to see if the projector works and it does, but it's not a high quality projector. It came with 3D paper glasses.....paper!! For $500 I got the projector, 80" screen, and a surround sound speaker system called ICinema. i'm scared to even try the speakers. There are no serial numbers anywhere on anything.
Optavision3d.com is a BS website too. The only way you can contact them is by email....no phone numbers. At first glanse at the site, it looks legit....but only a couple minutes into it and you can tell it was set up only to provide a little support and proof that the product is real.....a real lie.
Can you tell I'm upset yet?
Also, check out Volk projectors....you will see the exact same projector, with the exact same box! The same box!! This was the previous name used a few years ago. The projector does work, but I only bought it because I was under the impression that this was an amazing deal and could flip it quickly.
I will sell it all now for $400 and take a 100 loss.

kotader

Auditioning
Real Name
joe
I see where you say you have no pixelation or jitters. I have hooked up this projector with an HDMI cable and still get large pixels and blurry lines. Any suggestions on any settings I may be missing? I know the DIRECTV box is set on native and 1080p. Any help would be appreciated as I no longer know what to do. Static pictures are great but motion is blurry. Thanks.

jay montanez

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
i just got a HDMI 80 and as soon as i pluged it my light went out on it and i replace the bulb and it burned out to
i was gotten to for $300.00
where can i order the light for this peace of @#$$

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Why would you want to put more money into that piece of crap? Sorry, but people are warned constantly on all the A/V forums not to buy these pieces of crap, but they still do. :confused:

mrklh

Auditioning
Real Name
kyle
Brant Ray is up to his old tricks. He's still hanging out at the bank and telling the same story about his dad's home theater company that is repossessing these theater systems from a builder who went out of business.
A friend of mine ran into him and thought of me when he was approached by Brant with this amazing deal. So, he called and gave me his phone number. Brant was kind enough to come right over to my home w/ the equipment to show me. Luckily, I typed in a quick google search on his "company" and found this post in this forum. Needless to say, I passed on this deal that was indeed too good to be true. He is still driving a 2004 black Denali.
It's a shame. He seems like a nice dude that could be utilizing his talents elsewhere.
Thanks for posting your story and providing me the tool to avoid the scam.

jharrisonmfsr

Auditioning
Real Name
John Harrison
Agreed! there are so many other options it seem weird to even try a product with such poor reviews.

areol-green

Auditioning
Real Name
arcelia loera
I have read all the previous posts and I am TOTALLY NEW to this. I bought a Optoma Pro160S and an "acquaintance" is telling me to return it and go with the Optavision HDMI-80 1080P LCD projector. I just want it to play movies, videos, slideshows for large groups. I wouldn't be using it daily. The Optavision comes with a replacement bulb, 80" screen...all for $350 (not at a retail store-he said retail I would be paying about $700-$800 for the package). I paid $499 for my Optoma at Best Buy. The other thing is the Optoma is for "business" use and the Optavision is a home theatre-what is the main difference there???? :confused:

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The first thing you need to do is go up to your "acquaintance" and slap him silly. With acquaintances like that, you do not need enemies. DO NOT buy the Optavision projector. It is a piece of crap. And no, it's not even worth $350. The Pro 160s is a projector designed for business use, not for movies. It also has an aspect ratio of 4:3, not 16:9(widescreen). Tell us exactly what you will be doing with the projector, and maybe we can find you an even better projector for the same or less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks