What's new

Optavision HD-9500 - Anyone have experience with this one? (1 Viewer)

Zalinar

Auditioning
Real Name
Seth
I am likely going to be purchasing an Optivision HD-9500. Does this model have issues. Do any of you have thoughts or opinions on this model? Bottom line: Should I buy it? I found one for $500.00 new.
Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
This is a low quality piece of junk. Threads about these cheap Chinese projectors are always coming up on different forums. You would be much better off buying a quality 720p projector, such as the Optoma HD66 or Acer 5360. They are highly recommended 720p projectors and both are DLP's. Do you have anything against DLP? If $500 is all you can spend right now, I would save more money. What will you do when the bulb goes out? The typical bulb costs $250 - $300.

Zalinar

Auditioning
Real Name
Seth
Thank you. I did not buy it. I will save up for something better as you suggested. :)

lakhias

Auditioning
Real Name
Ash
I have one which I purcahsed on Ebay, Brand New
I did not hook up to the screen as yet but I will sell it to you for $475.00& no shipping cost
Thanks
Ash

romeo

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
lol @ zalinar. are you trying to save up that $500 so you can buy the items yourself? cause where else can you find a projector with those specs anywhere on the market at this price??? and to Jim mcc its not chinese its german, basically you dont even know what your talking about..

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You brought up an 8 month old thread to tell me it's not Chinese? I see on their website that it says "developed in Germany". What does that even mean? It doesn't say it's "made in Germany". Wherever it's made, it's still a piece of JUNK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks