What's new

Oprah is dirtier than Stern =) (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It just shows how subjective and political the FCC system is - "the law and its interpretation is whatever our opinion says it is". Terrible.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I have avoided the recent FCC topics for fear of my political leanings leaking into my posts. I will say though that I concur with RobertR's post %100.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Oh man, I knew I was gonna be sorry I asked. Thanks - I think. ;) I wonder how they described that on Oprah.

Oh - Vince, good to see you back as an admin & active poster. I'm not surprised you answered so quickly - I know what DVD you're holding in your sig!! :D

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Here's the Oprah transcript from Howardstern.com

Clip One

Oprah: Lets talk about that secret language Michelle.
Michelle: Yes
Oprah: I didn't know any of this
Michelle: I have yea, I have gotten a whole new vocabulary let me tell ya
Oprah: I did not know any of this
Michelle: Salad tossing, cucumbers, lettuce tomatoes ok
Oprah: ok so so what is a salad toss?
Michelle: ok a tossed salad is, get ready hold on to your underwear for this one, oral anal sex, So oral sex with the anus is what that would be.

Clip Two

Michelle: a rainbow party is an oral sex party it's a gathering where oral sex is performed and rainbow comes from all of the girls put on
lipstick and each one puts her mouth around the penis of the gentleman or gentlemen who are there to receive favors and makes a mark um in a
different place on the penis hence the term rainbow

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
How is that hypocracy? If people complained about it, the FCC would do something. The fact that no one is complaining, means nothing gets investigated.

It's the peoples fault for no using the system.

If you don't like the topics discussed on Oprah..complain...Don't just sit back and bitch about it.

Isn't it due to complaints why they are going after Stern?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Thats not the point Mark. The very point is the double standard. The nut jobs that are churning out complaint letters by the thousand wouldnt dream of doing so against Oprah who is using the same language that Stern does. The fact that shes hiding it behind some false 'education' does not change anything. She's using it to alarm and titilate her audience for ratings where Stern uses it to humor his.

So what is someone in MY position supposed to do, complain about Oprah? Of course not, I obviously stick up for her right to say whatever the hell she wants.

Sam

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
And if the nut jobs WERE to start focussing on Oprah I'd be right there with her to stand up for her rights no matter how much or little I like her particular program.

Sam

RobertR

Senior HTF Member

Exactly my point. The FCC isn't interested in an objective standard of what is "obscene" or "not obscene". It's only interested in a political response to the situation. It isn't even interested in a majority opinion, only in placating those who make a loud enough noise. Stern shouldn't punished because he's politically less palatable than Oprah.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I agree, but I also have to think that it is tough for the FCC to do anything without what they consider "a reason". Be that complaints, or what have you...If enough people complained about Oprah, the FCC would have to do something about it. Everyone has the right to complain...no one is stopping anyone here from complaining about Oprah, so I can't see it as political. I just see it as using the system the way it is set up. Sure it might not be the perfect system, but you gotta start using it before you can complain about it.

Kudos to Stern for using the system to complain. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks