What's new

OPPO UHD 4K (1 Viewer)

AshokIND

Auditioning
Real Name
Ashok
Hey Guys, I am a new member to this forum. My name is Ashok, I am from India. A true Movie Buff and love the equipment I use. Hence here to learn and suggest stuff which would enhance our movies experience.

I would like to start Talking about UHD Players. In my set-up I am using a Oppo 103D (Darbee Edition). I have a Native 4k Project of Sony Model No : VPL-VW665ES.

According to me the Oppo 103D does much better than the Samsung UHD Player available. To be honest since it was not available to purchase in India, so when I was traveling to New York. I purchased one and took it back with me.
I must say I compared using both the players at my place (OPPO 103D & Samsun UHD) with my set-up, I still feel that the Oppo did a much better job compared to the samsung UHD. After seeing that I felt that it was a serious waste of money buying the 400 USD player when I have something I purchased 2 years ago and still is more future ready and better than the new 4K players.

Also, I hear That the New UHD player of Oppo replacing the existing model will also be priced at USD 500. Which means it is for sure going to be much more better than other UHD players at the same time pricing of the player is right!

This was one thread I wanted to start with since I am new to this forum and it was one thing which I was sure about, hence I wanted you guys to know.

Would like to know various views from people about their experience with their players??

T

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Hey Guys, I am a new member to this forum. My name is Ashok, I am from India. A true Movie Buff and love the equipment I use. Hence here to learn and suggest stuff which would enhance our movies experience.

I would like to start Talking about UHD Players. In my set-up I am using a Oppo 103D (Darbee Edition). I have a Native 4k Project of Sony Model No : VPL-VW665ES.

According to me the Oppo 103D does much better than the Samsung UHD Player available. To be honest since it was not available to purchase in India, so when I was traveling to New York. I purchased one and took it back with me.
I must say I compared using both the players at my place (OPPO 103D & Samsun UHD) with my set-up, I still feel that the Oppo did a much better job compared to the samsung UHD. After seeing that I felt that it was a serious waste of money buying the 400 USD player when I have something I purchased 2 years ago and still is more future ready and better than the new 4K players.

Also, I hear That the New UHD player of Oppo replacing the existing model will also be priced at USD 500. Which means it is for sure going to be much more better than other UHD players at the same time pricing of the player is right!

This was one thread I wanted to start with since I am new to this forum and it was one thing which I was sure about, hence I wanted you guys to know.

Would like to know various views from people about their experience with their players??

T

You're conflating platforms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks