What's new

Opinions please on Fujitsu P-2120 (small laptop), other choices?? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
I currently have a Dell 8200 and I am sick and tired of carrying around all 13 plus pounds of it.

What do you think of this unit?

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...=741698#scroll

What about the processor : Transmeta® Crusoe™ TM5800 Processor 933MHz? Ive never heard of this before

What about the video card : ATI® Mobility™ Radeon™ graphic controller with 8MB integrated video RAM?

I am wanting a LIGHT / PORTABLE laptop for calibrations and to watch DVDs on. Is this unit any good? and if not what are some other options for me?? Please remember that I want LIGHT as a first priority.

thanks for your opinions!! I am wanting to purchase today.

Regards

Gregg

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
you can check out the crusoe at www.transmeta.com
it has been around for ~2 years or so, IIRC linus torvald (sp?)worked on it, from what I remember it has a bit of code stored on it, and basically was designed for very small applications where power usage is critical, I haven't really followed it nor have I seen any benchmarks run on it. Honestly I was wondering the other day what happened to them, glad to see they're around. I should think it would be fine for your needs, but agan I have not used one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks