What's new

opinions on klipsch reference 7 speakers? (1 Viewer)

RobertGeo

Agent
sound & vision tested the reference 7 setup this month. they say it sounds good. they mention that the midrange was kinda hard to hear. (i guess the midrange is coming out of the 10's??)

i listin to more music then watch movies but that could change. i listined to the series below the 7 series and liked them alot.

some member(s) must own/heard a pair of the reference 7 speakers. if you do/did how did you like the music side? im sure the movie side will sound great.

i listin to tool, alice in chains, metallica ect... thanks for any info, rob

StevenB

Agent
If you are going to listen to the music you described, they will fit well. Mine should be arriving in a few days. When I went to demo them, they had a Mariah Carey CD on. Being she has such a wide vocal range, the speakers complimented her voice almost perfectly (or did her voice compliment the speakers?). After listening to her, we put in some rock (ACDC), and the store was shaking. The RF-7's pick up everything. Not sure about the mid's, they sounded just fine to me. Hope this helps.

Steve

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I have Synergy series KSF8.5s and they sound great with all the music you mentioned. I can only imagine and drool over what the 7 series would sound like in my room.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
My RF3's are awsome. He RF7's will be the BEST. They are (or were untill a fey of days ago) the best Klipsch speakers being made.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Does Klipsch have a new Reference speaker out that bests the RF-7, other than the legends???

RobertGeo

Agent
thanks for the info. i did a little more searching and found this-
Link Removed
im far from a pro when it comes to this hobby but it sounds like they have some problems building the cases. i still think they sound great but im a little worried about the cases.
i wouldnt want the speakers to fall apart 2 years down the road. if there is any truth to the info in the above link i think i will demo some more speakers in the 2 grand range. thanks again, rob

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
TV STILL USES THE LEGEND SERIES ,DOESN'T HE?

Regal cinema, Hard Rock Cafe, etc.........

best speaker to sugest to someone who is going to try and abuse them!!!

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
RobertGeo,

I haven't heard the Ref series, but do have 7 Legends in my music/HT room. Had a friend over the other day and popped in the Metallica and AC/DC concert DVD's. Was "almost" better than being there.... Couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the rest of the day, but the 3+ hours of ringing ears wasn't fun!! Guess I'm gettin' old...

Usually the Ref are described as "more refined" and the Legends as "loud and in your face" with "more slam". Since the Legends have been discountinued it's pretty hard to audition them, although e-bay has some good prices. The Ref's should be at any Tweeter, etc...

Also go over to the Klipsch site and check out the forum; LOTS of feedback on the Ref & Legends. HTH...Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks