What's new

Opinions on Advent Heritage and current speakers (1 Viewer)

George Tong

Auditioning
I'm trying to get a HT setup in a home I'll be buying in the next few days and was wondering what your thoughts on these speakers are?

I actually already have them setup as front speakers in my parents place and they don't really care much for the HT setup and said if I wanted them back to go ahead and take them.

I want to most likely go wih a 6.1 setup and was wondering if I should just save my money and look for the rest of the speakers to complete the setup I need. I'm not saying money isn't an object, but my thoughts are should I just get rid of these older speakers and just look for something thats more up to date?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Here is what the setup would look like so far if I get the Advents back.

Front Advent Heritage
Center Infinity Video 1 (I think thats the name of it, bought over 5 yrs ago.)
Rear Polk Audio M3 II
Center (Need to get)
Sub (Need to get)

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
The best thing to do is give them a listen. However a better answer may be that "timbre" matching speakers is an important aspect especially up front. A lot of people will tell you that your fronts and center and even rears should be from the same line/ same manufacturer, or at least share similar tonal characteristics.
That is what a speaker salesmen might say anyway.

The bottom line is, if they sound good to you than why get new ones?

hope this helps

-rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks