What's new

opinion on the purchase of a new tv (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Have them "comp" a 1 year extension(or in their words...2 year).

I assume you bought your last TV there(on their card as well)...whine about it around other customers....

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Well bad news. Only plasma I could get was 720p couldn't even order a 1080. so was gonna get an LG they had on sale and even price match to 527. They didn't have or could order so upgraded for same price to a Samsung 3d 1080 120hz 46 inch led 6030 series. I don't use this TV as much as my plasma in my bedroom. So ill wait and find a used panny on craigslist to upgrade. They said the only panny they can get plasma is a 2000 dollar one.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
just wanted to let everyone know i took back the led and ended up getting a 51 inch palsma samsung 5300 series and i love it.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
bjballar41 said:
that sharp for the price has really caught my eye. i hear good things about the bigger screen like 55 inch and up of sharp but not much in the smaller screen. ive only owned samsung and love them.
That 42" Sharp is an Insignia in Sharp's clothing. If you see any in their box out on what is referred to as the "racetrack," you'll see that the box says "Made for Best Buy China." The same is true of the Sharp 32" and quite possibly the 50", too. Sharp makes horrible TVs, until you get to their Quatron series. But by then you may as well be looking at LG or Samsung.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
i ended up with a samsung 51 inch plasma 5300 series. my only complaint is hdmi placement and how many ports. i guess im gonna have to get a spliter or something?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
bjballar41 said:
i ended up with a samsung 51 inch plasma 5300 series. my only complaint is hdmi placement and how many ports. i guess im gonna have to get a spliter or something?
If you need more HDMI inputs, check out the HDMI switches at Monoprice.com. Didn't you check the amount of HDMI inputs before you bought it?

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
i did i can get buy with it but the family cant lol. i really just need one more probably got xbox blu ray and chrome cast sometimes. and this may sound stupid but the connections are all on the side so u can kinda see the wires come out a lil bit. can i tape them to the back or something to hide the wires?

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
im not ready to step up to an avr yet. im not using a surround sound or anything. im living in an apartment right now but i probably will after i get a house.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
im not saying or trying to be rude i just have no idea how i would run wires around the apartment. sound bar may work guess ill have to look into it a lil more. i guess.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
speaker wires for surround sound. if i got an avr how would that work with the hdmi? do i plug the xbox and blu ray into it? and chrome cast in tv? ive never used a avr or even messed with them im sorry for the newbieness

Nemesis7575

Auditioning
I remember the deal I got a couple of years ago. Best Buy had a 3 day after Christmas sale. A 46" Samsung LED Smart TV 1080p/120hz. Reg $1399 on sale for $899. We bought 2. I then searched YouTube for a calibration video, read all the positive feedback on the video and proceeded to do it myself. Picture was amazing after the calibration. That video was actually a Geek Squad calibration someone had done and he was sharing the wealth by posting a videoSaved me even more $$$!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks