What's new

Opie and Anthony's latest bit is the best radio I have ever heard! (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
OK thanks. One of the main reasons for me getting XM for Christmas was to listen to the guys. :D

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I guess it didn't help that the reporter "assaulted" was from WABC just as they were brokering the Good Morning America deal, huh? :)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
For you and the HTF, Ron...the NEW press release, before it makes the rounds!

Stern's Farewell Soured By Pests

Associated Pests- 12/16/2005 New York, NY.

Howard Stern looked puzzled and irritated as chants of "Hypocrite" and "O&A" repeatedly disrupted his final show festivities in downtown Manhattan today. Fans of the XM satellite radio 'Opie And Anthony Show' gathered en masse to show their contempt for Stern and made their presence known with hundreds of banners and signs.

The Stern/Opie & Anthony feud has been running since 1999 when Stern haughtily had the fellow Infinity Broadcasting radio duo removed from his 'Son of the Beach' press conference while they ate finger sandwiches, not coincidentally after he had disparaged Billy Crystal earlier the same day for having Stuttering John removed from his press conference. The rift escalated when Stern, who has built his career with rabid on-air attacks on competitors, had Mel Karmizan (former CEO of Infinity Broadcasting and current CEO of Sirius, Stern's new flagship) place a gag order preventing Opie and Anthony from mentioning Stern on their show. Opie and Anthony are the only radio personalities Stern has refused to battle on-air.

General BAM, one of the organizers of the movement, states "We are here to rain on Howard's parade to expose his hypocrisy and lies. Howard himself said he has been doing sub par radio since 1995 and blames the FCC, while Opie and Anthony have built their career during the same time period. The truth is that Opie and Anthony are the first high profile radio show to make the jump to satellite, and Howard followed them. His claim of being the 'pioneer' is absurd."

General Dugout Doug added "Howard claims to be edgy, but I realized long ago that strippers make for horrible radio. Opie and Anthony know this and stick to intelligent conversations and observations, rather than pre-pubescent obsessions with body parts and functions. The XM show is gaining momentum while Howard is losing 90% of his audience by going to Sirius. The sad fact for Howard is that when he hits satellite radio Opie and Anthony will have a larger audience and have already 'been there, done that'."

The Opie and Anthony show can be heard live on XM satellite radio from 7 am to 11 am EST on weekdays with replays throughout the day and weekends. Information on Opie and Anthony and the O&A Army can be found at Foundrymusic.com

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Very nice. I love the detail about eating finger sandwiches as has been oft mentioned through the years.

I only got to hear very little of the show today. How did the Million Pest March go?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's great!

Can't wait to hear O&A talk about it on
their show during the replay today and on
Monday.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly, the last words heard on Howard's KROCK broadcast were "O&A". Can't confirm if that's Bravo Sierra or not. But, that would be sweet for the boys if it is indeed true.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Kyle,

I think he's on temporary leave
because he is filming a series with HBO.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Norton will be back on Monday...

and yes, the last words that went out over Howard's final broadcast were "O and AAAAAAAAAAA!"

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
From all the articles I have read this week,
Sirius is still shaky on whether they
acquired enough subscribers to pay the
$500 million they are forking over for their talent.

Frankly, I am happy XM didn't pay that kind
of money to take such a gamble.

Brent T

Second Unit
Well Ron Stern hasnt been off the Air for a day yet and if they arent sure that means they gotta be close. I guess by the end of the first couple of months they should have enough.

Estimated 700,000 before Stern close to 3 million by the end of this year. He has brought in a bunch of new accounts and will continue to bring even more.

Lets hope both XM and Sirius do enough to keep the battle going for years and years to come. It will only benefit the consumers.

Remember its Satelite Radio vs. Terrestrial Radio

for now... :)

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
I love Stern (well, the less he's relied on his own people and the more he's relied on strippers and lesbians, not so much), and really don't understand the fuss about O&A. Having said that, there's not a chance in the world I'm switching from XM to Sirius. The programming on XM is simply better, based on what I've heard the times I've had Sirius to listen to.

I'll miss Howard in the a.m., but I'll live.

Monty B

Agent
I was at the final Stern show with my buddy who works for InDemand so I had a great view of the crowd from just off stage. Any "pests" claiming that this was a success must be delusional. If there were 100 "pests" tops I would consider that generous. Its quite hard for 100 people to distinguish themselves in a crowd of 10-12,000. Lets face it Howard is an all star in the major leagues while O & A are career minor leaguers who will never get above AA.

Brent T

Second Unit
By the way the last words heard on Sterns last broadcast were not O&AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You can listen to the last broadcast on several different sites and all of them end the same way...

STERN STERN STERN STERN !!

But it was a sweet thought for you O&A fans

Brent T

Second Unit
Sorry if I offended anyone, I wont be posting in this forum again to avoid problems. Take care

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

Setting up a couple to have sex in a church is a misunderstanding? All I know is the gentleman who was arrested for this died a few months after....Instant Karma gonna get you...

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Over on wackbag.com one of the theories as to why the boys haven't been around is that they were suspended for rebroadcasting a part of Stern's show on Monday. Any concrete reasons yet?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Kyle,

No...but interesting theory.

I have been wondering why the show has been
in repeats all week. This isn't normal, so
perhaps something happened.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were true. Not
only do the boys hate Howard, but have gone
on record saying it's only a matter of time
before they get fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks