What's new

Opening Night a success ! THANKS to ALL (1 Viewer)

Tom Reasor

Auditioning
Ed!

Wow, that sure looks great. I'm really glad the mylar got to you in time. I'm happy that the night was a success. Hopefully this is the first of very many movie nights!

Tom

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
First off let me start by Thanking Davide Broome (again) with helping me make my light box mine is a little diffrent but if it wasn't for his pointer I would have a box. He is selling them if you need one.

Mark,
Man if I only knew you I would have invited you over to sit on the floor with me...LOL.I mean really..It probably would have taken you all of 5 minutes to get to my house. I'm 1 mile from exit 46 off 93. Do you have a light box. We'll have to get together sometime.

Paul,
Well to be honest for opening night it was all about the kids. Next time it's an action movie and the kid can play in my sons play room.

Tom,
Did you get my email with the pictures. You can't even see that imperfection on the mylar.Thanks again for getting me it.

Signed
Ed

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, local folks! I'm up here in Hampstead, NH and planning a dedicated HT myself.

Thanks for the pics Ed, now please tell me where you found the seating.

Chad

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Chad,

Not too far from you I bought them from Furniture world in Salem, NH. They don't have it displayed because they are the smaller of the 2 stores. I actually saw it at the Nashua Store. Only downfall to this set is it's not available in leather.

If you need any help please ask. I love woodworking as a hobby. I WOOD love to help you....Ha Ha Ha get it WOOD love to help you.

How far are you from Methuen and what roads/highways ?

Talk to you soon
Ed

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Ed,

Cool, always good to know someone who likes woodworking.

Hampstead is really close to Methuen, I'm only about 20 minutes from there. Depending on where you are in Methuen the easiest way to Hampstead is either 93 to 111 East or 495 to 125 North to 121 North.

My wife grew up in Methuen and works in Andover and my brother in law lives in North Andover, where Mark Murphy is.

I'm constantly amazed with what a small world it really is out there.

Chad

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Chad,
Small world indeed .
My wife works in Andover for Converse/Nike. I thought Hampstead was off 125. Hey wait a minute what is the name of the restraunt up there It's old house...is it the Hampstead House?

As for helping I am serious. I wish I had a hand when I was building mine.

Hey email me [email protected]

Talk to you
Ed

BrianKR

Second Unit
Nice room Ed! :emoji_thumbsup:

Run out and pick up T3 today an have an adult night :b
I got mine in hand and I will be viewing it with the family right after dinner! :D

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Ed,

I appreciate the offer, really. I'm not too bad when it comes to rough carpentry (framing, etc.) but I'm no woodworker. Don't be too surprised if I come calling next year when I start construction. :)

As far as restaurants go, are you maybe thinking of the Kingston 1686 House? My wife and I love that restaurant, it's right near the intersection of 111 and 125.

Hampstead IS off of 125 in one sense but 121 takes you into the center of Hampstead.

Chad

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Brian,
T3-done... bought it probably while you were posting!

As for my shack of a theater It's nothing compared to yours, nice job as well. I wish I had that much space. My lobby is actually bigger than my home theater. Pictures of the lobby coming soon...as soon as I put the floor in.

Chad,
I sent you a PM

Signed
Ed

BrianKR

Second Unit
Thx for the kind words Ed.
I am pleased with how my HT room turned out.
I had more than enough room to work with (23 x 16 x 8.4) but I had a ton of obstacles to over come. I am going to build a 2nd HT next year by moving my gameroom to a yet to be finished part of my basement.

Your room looks great! :emoji_thumbsup: No shack there! :D

Hardware upgrades are inevitable for us HT addicts but are you planning future upgrades within the room itself?
I am already planning changes to mine :b

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Brian,

You say gameroom huh.... please feel free to call upon me for any of your gameroom help.

I don't know if you know this but I restore gumball machines. I collect, buy and sell.

Here is a picture of one that I am restoring right now. http://www.memorylaneblvd.com/stonercandymachines.htm. The one I am restoring is the one on either end (6 slots). I am probably going to style it too look like the one on the far left.
Here is another company
http://www.vintagevending.com/produc...D=3228&CID=76. Vintage Vending is actually less than 10 miles from my house. I just can't afford their prices but they do have real nice stuff.

Talk to you soon,
ED

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Congrats on the candy machine.

Since we are talking retro, check this out:

Well, www.audiovideointeriors.com used to have a home theater that featured a 50's/60's style lobby.
I can't remember which issue that was.
Oh well.

;(

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Glenise,

That is exactly what I am doing. I wish I could find the pictures of that article.

I am making my dining room which leads to my HT a "Diner Room". I have an original 1950 chrome table, juke box, about 30 gumball/candy machines. All I need to do is put the black and white checkered floor down and then I'll update my webpage. Probably will be done in a few weeks

Signed
Ed

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Ed,

I'll look thorough some of my AV Interiors magazines and see if I can locate that home theater and post it.
It was awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks