Open old Mac discs on PC?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Jodee, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help here.

It's been 11 years since finishing my undergrad degree, and I am applying to graduate school. I need to submit some academic writing samples from my old research papers. I have all my papers saved on Mac discs from the early 90s. They are double-sided double-density discs.

I do not have a Mac anymore, only a PC (Windows XP). Is there any way I can convert these files to PC and more importantly, open these discs on a PC?

When I insert them I get the message that the discs are not formatted. They ask me to format them but I said no to keep my data intact.

Is there a software program or anything I can buy that would help me recover these files?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

2. Randy_T

Randy_T Stunt Coordinator

Try HERE

Randy T

3. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

4. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Thanks for the tips, guys, but unfortunately neither of those programs works with double-sided, double-density disks, only HD disks. [​IMG]

I don't know what I'm going to do, aside from buy an old Mac on eBay. Apparently most new Macs don't even support floppies, much less the DD disks.

Frustrating.[​IMG]

5. Randy_T

Randy_T Stunt Coordinator

If you have a college close to you, talk to the computer science personal. They just may have an older mac sitting around that you could use. People also donate computers to non-profits. Check at schools,daycare centers,libraries, & churches.

Randy T