What's new

Only Fools and Horses question... (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
When will the 2nd set of this amazing series be out? It's been a long time since the 1st one came out.

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
I have almost the entire sereres here in Belfast on Region 2. Just a few more xmas specials and season 7 to complete the set. As for region 1 release, i think you may be in for a long wait. Check this link out for full epsiode and xmas sepcial list.

http://www.epguides.com/OnlyFoolsandHorses/

Ignore season 8 and 9 they are xmas specials, although they may relase them as seasons over in the USA.

So far in region 2 all is relased except for

A Royal Flush
Rodney Come Home
Season 7
Fatal Extraction
Selection Box (Documentry)
Sleeples In Peckham

What special features are on the Region 1 season 1-3 set?

Thanx

Ryan :)

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
Features:

Documentaries
Christmas specials from each season
Learn the Lingo Del with the Peckham Concise Trotter Dictionary
Photo Gallery

Neil White

Supporting Actor

IIRC, it's a retrospective by David Jason, Nicholas Lyndhurst and the director(s). Pretty good and quite lengthy.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
From what I understand, the US set has a "Christmas Trees" sketch from a UK television special ("Christmas Night With the Stars", perhaps) that was NOT included on any of the UK discs.

Sad, though (according to reviews), that in general, picture quality on the episodes in both R1 and R2 are nothing to write home about and 'artefact-filled.' My guess with the R1 is they tried to squeeze too much material onto not-enough discs.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I would think twice about importing any R2 "Only Fools" DVDs.

Poor picture quality aside (according to reviews), the BBC have announced recently that any all contemporary BBC comedy series (basically, anything they think has a chance of being repeated on telly) are going to be screened and when it comes time for repeats and UK DVD releases, the episodes will be purged of any dialogue considered potentially offensive.

It all started when someone complained how Del Boy used the term "Paki" (for Pakistani) in last year's Chrstmas special. The BBC then decided that the word would be cut from all future repeats and the DVD release.

So, any DVDs of the series you buy from this point forward are likely to be even more cut than they are now (most of them are currently cut (or new tracks substituted) due to music-rights reasons.

As in the case of "Blackadder's Christmas Carol" (edited in the UK, uncut in the US), perhaps Wordwide's American division will issue the uncensored versions in R1, regardless of what they do in R2.

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
I was unimpressed with the region 2 DVD's too. My Dad has sent me a few and I watched them on the computer (my region free player) and the picture quality on the monitor was just awful!

Wezzo

Second Unit
Travis:

UK,
BEST OF SERIES 1-7...
comes out 1st of november 2004.

--Where's that info from?

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder what specials will be included.
Can any one compare the region 2 seasons to the region one seasons. Is the region 1 better prints?

Thanx

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

It's in the scene where Baldrick is describing the Nativity play to Blackadder and telling him the crowd loved it and wanted another one at Easter. The cut is to the line "they want to see us nail up the dog."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks