What's new

Onkyo vs Bose? (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I've never been crazy about Sony receivers... looking at the BB website, there is a Pioneer that may be comparable and is actually a few bucks cheaper.

I've always been partial to Onkyo, but a comparable model Onkyo is going to push your budget a bit higher - into the ~$400 range.

Sam is guiding you in the right direction - there may be some more initial setup pains in going this route (as you've discovered), but in the end you'll wind up in a much better place than with a HTiB or by going the "other" route of using the TV as a hub and dumbing everything down to 2.0 (which no one should EVER do if they care about getting the home theater experience).

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
To be honest, HDMI handshakes are not an issue with a good AVR. I'd toss the Sony and head over to Accessories4Less and pick up a used Onkyo or Denon.

Ruckus

Agent
Real Name
Rob
I think its time to upgrade the Tv its 6 years old. Although this is becoming expensive it will be worth it in the end. I think I got a good deal on the receiver and I am happy with the way it sounds. Who doesnt like a new tv anyway.... lol. And I also like that I will be able to use the Bravia Sync to turn everything on.

Ruckus

Agent
Real Name
Rob
Purchased the Sony Tv and the Bravia Sync works fantastic! My Bell Satellite receiver controls everything no complaints this far. This was definitely a learning experience. A huge thanks to all!!

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks