What's new

Onkyo HT-S3400 OR Yamaha YHT-495BL OR Denon DHT1312BA (1 Viewer)

tjcinnamon

Grip
Real Name
JOe K.
What have I gotten myself into!!! I just talked to a friend and he convinced me to go for a good receiver and then two really nice fronts. He said then save and get a good sub. Then buy a good center and two rears. What would you recommend over a time frame Immediate 550 to get started: 300 for reciever 250 for 2 fronts A month from now: 250-350 for a sub 3 months from now 350-450 for center and rear. Does that "sound" like a better plan. -Joe

tjcinnamon

Grip
Real Name
JOe K.
I'm going with a paradigm separates 5.0 build (~$600) and the Onkyo RC360 (~$300): Fronts -> Paradigm Micro V.6 Bookshelf; Satellites -> Paradigm Cinema 90 CT Bookshelf; Center -> Cinema 200 Center (apparently this series is new). I'll get the sub later. Should I stick with Paradigm or go Lava for the sub? Thanks for all your help, JOe K.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You have no idea how much better what you are going to get is than what you were going to get :) . You don't have to match the sub to the other speakers (unless you want them all to look the same. Paradigm is one of the few speakers companies that actually make quality subs but their price is probably much higher than the comparable internet brands. Lava was offering a 10% discount to Home Theater Forum members (with a special code which I don't remember) but I'm not sure if this is still in effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks