What's new

ONKYO HT-RC430 Receiver with Pioneer SP-FS52 Speakers? (1 Viewer)

twoclose

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam Kay
Hey guys! I'm new to setting up my own receiver/5.1 surround system. I have always been using a boxed "home theater system" and I want to upgrade. I have recently purchased an ONKYO HT-RC430 Receiver and I want to pair a set of Pioneer SP-FS52 5.1 surround speakers with this receiver. I am wondering is this 8 ohm output receiver will work with these (apparently) 6 ohm speakers? Here are the links to the manuals: ONKYO HT-RC430: http://www.manualowl.com/m/Onkyo/HT-RC430/Manual/316971 Pioneer SP-FS52 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Home/SP-PK52FS%20SingleSheet.pdf thank you for any & all assistance!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
6 ohm speakers rarely cause a problem with 8 ohm receivers. Those Pioneers have an SPL, or Effecienct rating, of 85-87 db which is a little low but not that bad. It just means any receiver would have to work just a bit harder to power them. But Onkyo's, even the entry level models, have pretty good amp sections so I wouldn't worry too much about it. They both should work well with each other. The speakers are pretty good for the price but I would skip on the Pioneer subwoofer. You can do a little better. Dayton from PartsExpress, BIC from Amazon or PE.

twoclose

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam Kay
Thanks for the response. I went ahead and took the dive & ordered the Pioneer SP-FS52 as a 5.1 set. The subwoofer came out to almost free since I bought them all bundled together. I'll give it a try & if I don't like it I can always sell it on eBay! Thanks again for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks