What's new

Onkyo HT-R560 receiver (1 Viewer)

oedius

Agent
Real Name
Steve
I'm the one who posted a short time ago about the used Onkyo HT-S790 home theater system off of Ebay that had damaged receiver (HT-R540). Well, I just found a factory refurbished Onkyo HT-R560 with all acessories and 1 year factory warranty for "Buy-It-Now" of $169.99 plus $33.42 shipping. With any luck maybe have it by next weekend. I'll try posting link to Ebay page. Does this sound like ok deal? Thanks.

Link deleted by moderator; no links to live eBay auctions allowed.

oedius

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Sorry about posting the Ebay link. I thought it would be ok since the link was to the auction page of the particular item I had just won.

What would be best way to add more bass? Should I just replace current 230 watt sub with a 300 to 500 watt model or add another sub by using a Y-adapter and both at once?

oedius

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Payment complete and shipped today via Fedex with estimated delivery Thursday. Everything should go pretty quick since I already have speakers set up and wiring run. Just 2 optical cables and the subwoofer cable are it. Curious to see just how nice the speaker calibration mic is.
Can someone tell me if it would good to run 2 powered subs with this reciever using a Y-adapter for the one cable?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm not the best to answer bass related questions but I think this is an example of not "more" bass but "better" bass. I'd look into an SVS or HSU subwoofer. They might be more expensive than your wallet will allow. PartsExpress.com has fairly decent subs at pretty good prices. You could add a second Onkyo sub but I'm not sure it would improve things that much. Just more of the same problem. I've used those subs before and even though they aren't bad for what they are a really good sub makes a really big difference.

oedius

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Gene. I will begin looking into one of those better subs you mentioned. If not able to afford now, will plan on future.

oedius

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Finally! The Onkyo arrived in a timely manner and it works great. My wife sure threw me a ringer, though. She decided to rearrange the living room which meant I had to relocate the speakers. The pair of surround nack speakers are now ceiling mounted due to open room behind couch. I thought the Audessy set up mic was nice feature.
I will be upgrading to more powerful sub as soon as I can. I would rather stay around $200 or less and somewhere around 300 watts RMS. What is better: 10 or 12 inch? Also, "front" or "down" firing? Are there any pitfalls to those inexpensive ones floating around on Ebay such as from Deepdiscount or OnlyFactoryDirect? Doesn't have to be fancy, just something to shake the house during movies like Jurassic Park, Midway and Star Wars.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
That's going to be tough to do. Here's a couple that might fit your parameters but they probably won't perform as well as you hope they would. Most around here would recommend you wait until you can afford an SVS or HSU etc. TheNerds.com-BIC V1220, OneCall.com-Boston HPS 12HO.

Edit: Or build one yourself (gotta keep Robert happy
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
).

oedius

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Edit: Or build one yourself (gotta keep Robert happy
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
).[/quote]

Now I wouldn't mind looking into that. Just a few months ago, I put together and installed a 12" Boston G5 sub along with 12" passive radiator. I considered building enclosure but, because of cost, decided to buy one of the inexpensive generic boxes and cut the extra 12" hole for the passive radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks