What's new

Onkyo HT-R510 , feedback please (1 Viewer)

SebastianS

Auditioning
Hey guys, am bidding on this receiver on Ebay currently, looking at paying 265 canadian, don't know much about onkyo, it seems like it will do the job, but was wondering if anyone has heard or had any experience with this model, any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to buy something that is sub par. Let me know, Thanks

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Good afternoon Sebastian. I have an Onkyo HT-500 which is last years model, and it is a terrific little receiver. Not many extras but the performance for the price is amazing. I got mine from PCMALL.com as a factory refurb for $119 in Dec. The amp section seems clean and LOUD! and the controls are well designed and easy to use. If it had OSD it would be almost perfect for an entry level receiver. It's certainly a step or two above the low end Sony's, Pioneer's, Kenwood's and the like, and three or four steps above KLH and such (no offense to anyone who owns those! :) ) Good luck with your decision. Gene

RonJon

Auditioning
I have had this receiver since October. I got it from eCost and paid about $155(USD) delivered as a so called Onkyo factory refurb. It replaced my Yamaha RV902.
I was impressed with the improved sound from the Onkyo HTR510. It sounds fantastic! I put it through the paces with several DVD's and it performed flawlessly. I finally heard what I should have been hearing from my speakers.
I also use it for my TV sound so it is in constant use and I have not had any problems yet.

It does run hot when asked to draw upon it's ample power(i.e. DVD's like Terminator 3,The Hulk etc..)so give it ample room to breath with nothing on top if possible.

You will not be disappointed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks