What's new

Onkyo 600 (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I remember reading on here that the Onkyo 600 has an automatic audio switching thing. If you have both digital and analog plugged in it will switch to the digital side automatically if it senses a digital signal coming in.

I tried this out and its true.

HOWEVER

It only does it for the Optical digital in, it does not do it for the Coax Digital in. Is it supposed to work this way? If so, why can it also have the automatic switching with the coax as well?

Ace

Auditioning
Bill:

I'm assuming you purchased the 600 yourself? Can I ask how you like it? I've been looking at the same one myself, and seeing the refurb price on Onkyo's site ($320, i believe), it's almost too good to pass up.

I've been looking at others (Denon 1803, 2803), but can't warrant spending the extra $$ on it.

A review from an owner would be awesome. :)

Thanks!

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
I have an Onkyo 600. It has performed flawlessly. I would like a little more power. I would like to move up to separates. One day...

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I owned the Onkyo 600 and liked the nice smooth sound that it produced. I eventually started having problems with mine and had to return it. You may want to think about the following the 600 does not have pre-outs(in case you would want to add an amp to it in the future). If that doesn't concern you I thought it was a nice reciever for the price.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I never looked into that when I owned mine for 30 days. I only used the coaxial connection.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Yes,

When I have it assigned to Opti 1 or 2 it will automatically detect if the signal is carrying a DD or DTS coding. However when I put in a Coax connection and select the Coax in the setup menus it will not switch back to analog signal if there is no DD or DTS signal present.

It just seems awfully strange, and I don't know enough about this technology to know whether its impossible/too expensive to do what they do for Optical cable, to Coax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks