What's new

on eight is enough (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I enjoyed this series when it was originally broadcast, I'm not sure how it would hold up now. This and James at 15 seem to be linked in my memory.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Warner addressed this in the online chat this past Monday night. No plans; they alluded to fixed cost hurdles keeping DVDs off the shelves. They said they would pass it on as a suggestion to their digital arm (meaning that they'll see if it can't be done for iTunes, since it apparently can't be done for DVD for now).

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe WB could release the 2 reunion movies to "test the waters" for interest in the show. Just a suggestion. I would especially like to have the first one.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Those reunion movies would almost certainly still be subject to the particular fixed cost hurdle preventing the regular episodes from being released, so that's not a viable solution.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
There are many ways to make a successful dvd; the "fixed costs" are predicated on an "easy" release system. Now if they want to do the extra work and make the thing sell and be popular, that adds many x-factors into the equation. Try explaining that to the penny-pinchers in a board meeting. But if they really want to make an Eight is Enough dvd set that sells, I suggest they make it a "complete series" release, with puh-lenty of cast and creator participation. Most of the cast is still alive and would be more than happy to add commentary and on-camera reminisces. Maybe they could even get them all together at once and film a reunion documentary or question/answer video. Yes, these things are tough to do and costly, but they all add up to publicity and therefore, higher sales. And might I add, I know very, very few people from the 70s who do not remember this show, or who didn't like it in the first place.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If this particular fixed cost hurdle is what I think it is (and I'm just guessing, so I'm NOT going to start any rumors by making my guess public, so forget about asking me to name it), then the more content there is released, then the higher the cost will be. I believe in that it is "fixed" in terms of "this much per episode" (or telefilm, whatever).

That's all I'm gonna say about this. I *am* just guessing, after all.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H

I'm not sure how many seasons Eight Is Enough ran for, but if it was a lot then a complete series set right off the bat probably wouldn't sell too well. It would be far too expensive for casual fans who might be willing to buy cheaper season sets. I for one don't have hundreds of dollars to shell out on a complete series set of a show that I only remember a few episodes of here and there. I would be willing to buy the first few seasons and then see how I enjoy them to deicde if I want to continue buying.
Just my opinion.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It ran for Five seasons, the first one is short though. Pay the fixed cost allready come on it will not even be a blip on the radar for the WB. Sometimes i just have to shake my head at the excuses
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Better yet we are willing to pony up for the extra dollars you charge to cover it... just release the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks