What's new

OMG! Charmed in Febuary!!! (1 Viewer)

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I'm not exactly familiar enough with the series to comment on music, other than to say that there is no mention on the packaging of replaced music (Paramount is usually good about labeling such things), and nothing seemed out of place, musicwise, for the episodes I've watched. Having only seen a few episodes over the years, I'm hardly an authority on the original music.

There is no "Play All" option.

Packaging: slim cases, one disc per slim case, in a cardboard slipcover.

Joe.S

Agent

Hello David Lambert,
What's with Shannen? I mean first she leaves Beverly Hills 90210, then Charmed and now Scare Tactics. What's her problem?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

IIRC, she's having catfights on Fox's North Shore now.

She must have really left an impression on the Charmed people, because according to TV Guide she's the only major cast member who won't be showing up for the 150th episode spectacular (and they even got big-time Julian McMahon!)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I thought Shannen left Charmed cause her and Alyssa Milano don't get along, at least that's what I've heard, cause of alot of Shannen fans blame Alyssa for Shannen's departure :frowning:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
That is very possible Angela... We really don't know... I consider myself a fan of hers every since I first saw her on Charmed. The only other show I ever watched with her is some of the episodes of Scare Tactics... so I really don't know much on the subject at all... but from rumors that I heard... and this is only rumors because I heard only from other friends and such... is that she seems to have a problem of one kind or another on every show she gets on. So I don't know how true it is... but I admit I am curious about it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Still the same plan we reported back in Nov., as far as I know.

We've had a couple of readers e-mail us at TSoD lately that said a fansite said "S2 in May"; one specified that it was a relay from a Charmed magazine. Neither said which fansite supposedly said this, and I haven't found it yet.

In the final analysis, though, it doesn't matter: Paramount hasn't officially confirmed this timeframe yet through the channels Gord and I deal with.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ah, thanks, Natalie. That's almost certainly the one, because that's almost word-for-word one of the e-mails we got. I didn't realize the writer was quoting.

Hmmm...I don't see anything in there that just fills me with the warm fuzzies that Paramount or someone high-up in the show's production office said this. They may be leaving out info from the mag itself, but based on this alone I would say it means no more or less that what we've already posted.

Heck, for all I know our Nov. story was the source of the mag's info. :wink:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Thanks Dave...
I hope they do go by this plan... a quick release schedual like this would be a good reason I would definately forgive the fact that there is no bonus features. To think that I could possibly have the first 4 seasons on DVD by the end of this year puts a huge smile on my face! :D

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks... Just checked online... but couldn't take advantage of it. There is no Best Buy in the area I live in so can't pick up and with shipping... even the cheapest shipping it would be slightly more then DDD for me. But hopefully other ppl can take advantage of the $29.99 sale. :)

John McM

Second Unit
I decided I don't want this period now.

The owner at the site I reviewed for accidentally requested this to Paramount for another reviewer. And the reviewer's sat on it for a week and a half now and has yet to mail me the copy, so i decided I don't want it anymore.

Other critics already have the godforsaken thing reviewed, yet I won't get it until after it streets. Hell no!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Woohoo... I am happy tonight... after seeing the cheaper price I canceled my Charmed order with Amazon to go with DDD this morning... and just in the one day... I ordered it... it went through processing... and shipped... so my first season of Charmed is Finally on the way!:D

Sometimes I get my order from DDD in only 2 days... I sure hope this is one of those times!:)

Jaime J Nubes

Auditioning
Paramount now has an official site for Charmed DVD's. :)

charmedondvd.com

BTW, a Charmed DVD commercial was shown yesterday evening while I was watching the latest episode. I don't know if you have seen that commercial or not. It's pretty brief (around 15 seconds) and somewhat introduces the characters (of course, they have to emphasize the eye candy factor).

Did anyone see last night's episode? I thought it was pretty good.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Yup I watched it last night... I really enjoyed it. Of course I never miss Charmed! :D

I caught that commercial about the Charmed DVDs too... I thought it was to brief... I think where they made their mistake was to try to put way to many clips in such a short commercial. It was hard to even catch a decent look at any of the characters.

Makes me wonder if they still have a problem with Shannen Doherty... I mean between such quick clips that you really couldn't make her out... and then in the episode itself... when Phoebe was remembering all the pain since the series started... what did they show for Prue? Her office door!?!?... ohhhkay! :frowning:

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine is addicted to this show and keeps recommending it to me. I'm curious about it, but not sure if it is soemthing I would enjoy really. I've caught a few episodes (never a full one) here and there, but still can't make up my mind as to whether or not this would be worth checking out.

*hopes BB gets it in so I can atleast rent it*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks