What's new

OMG! Charmed in Febuary!!! (1 Viewer)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I wonder what the release schedule will end up being? Maybe we'll get a season release every 3-4 months maybe? But I'm also glad this is coming out. Those girls really know how to have fun with their characters and still keep the show on the right course. And I'd like repeat something I said in another thread a few weeks ago. Holly Marie Combs...mmm, heavenly! :b

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Well... according to tvshowsondvd.com... it is looking good for us!... looks like they want to put out a season every 3 months! giving us up to season 4 by the end of 2005! I can't wait for the releases to start! I have been waiting for this for a very long time! and as for the always so lovely Holly Marie Combs... http://www.ocforums.com/oc_images/images/smilies/slobber.gif

John McM

Second Unit
I am very excited! Now that Buffy's finished it's run on DVD (well, not until 11/16 but I've received a review copy already), it's nice to know I'll have Charmed sets to look forward to.

I lost interest in the show around season 5, but the first 4 seasons were pure gold. Nice to know the first 4 seasons will be out by the end of next year, especially since how long we've waited.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I was thinking the same exact thing!... with both Buffy and Angel coming to an end soon... what would I start collecting next?... the next thing I know my all time favorite show is announced to be released in a few months! I have been so excited every since tvshowsondvd.com first announced it.

I am still an avid watcher myself... and will definitely get every season they see fit to release... which with such a popular show I am sure will be every season that airs! :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Question...

What do you think the chances are that we will see Shannen Doherty participate in the DVD extras? I understand there was some hard feelings when she left I think? because of that I am not counting on her participation... but would love to atleast see her do a commentary or 2.

So what you think?... any chance at all?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
In my opinon? None, zip, nada.

When she leaves a show, she burns bridges. Did you see her debut on "North Shore"? As she stepped out of the limo at the hotel, the doorman welcomed her to the island resort. Her reply? "Gotta be better than Beverly Hills."

No, there's never any love lost between her and the shows she leaves.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering if there will be any extras at all--Paramount has put out a slew of bare-bones releases of 70's & 80's shows. It shouldn't be that difficult for them to throw something together for Charmed since it's still in production, maybe they've already got some on-set interviews done. But I won't be too shocked if there are minimal-to-no extras on these dvds, especially with such a rapid release schedule.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks David...
I heard she was like that... but guess I was hoping beyond hope.

MaraKM...
I kinda wonder the same thing... but think since it is a current show we will be seeing atleast a little something. I would like to atleast see a commentary for the pilot episode and maybe interviews with some of the stars.

One thing I would like to see... that you don't see to often on TV on DVD... tv spots for each of the episodes.

John McM

Second Unit
I honestly wonder if they could score a Shannen commentary on ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE, since that was her final episode and she directed it.

Considering she recently did a 90210 reunion special on Fox, I'm sure she'd do something Charmed related as long as she's not in the same room with Alyssa Milano.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
That would be cool... maybe she would agree to doing a commentary by herself then... does she have any bad issues towards the show itself... or just towards Alyssa Milano?

Not holding my breathe.. but would be nice!:)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news! This is perhaps my most wanted show on DVD, and this is very pleasing. I would love to see some extras for these sets, but with Paramount, I'm not going to hold my breath. Regardless, I'm so happy this is finally coming out. Can't wait!

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think Shannen Doherty has burned every bridge with Charmed due to the fact that she has partial ownership in the show (probably a fairly small stake, but ownership nonetheless). I remember her saying so in a TVGUIDE interview shortly after her departure. She was chuckling about the situation saying that Alyssa Milano would have to continue working 12-14 hour days while she would continue to get paid for doing nothing. Whether this would actually pique her interest in doing a commentary or two, I have no idea.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I would like to see this happen James... but trying not to get my hopes up. I didn't realize she had partial ownership of the show... so I guess that is a small chance we will see either a commentary or interview.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am happy for you charmed fans that your finally seeing a release. I am probably just as excited about MacGyver coming.

The thing i always wondered is how charmed became the most requested tv show @ tvshowsondvd.com is it that good a show or is it just the women of charmed that has people wanting it.

I have only seen a handful of episode it struck me as kinda a buffy clone but i am probably way off on that. My question is what makes charmed so good ? maybe it's something i should consider checking out.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Pete, I think this will make your day, and that of thousands of other Charmed fans as well.

What is it? A street date! I could tell you, but then I'd spoil it for everyone. :wink:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Well of course the 3 beauties is a HUGE plus for me (Especially the lovely Holly! :b ) but there is definitely more then that to the show for me. I am a huge fan to the horror and supernatural. And Charmed has allot of horror/supernatural themes dealt with in a fun way.

Some of the things happening in the first seasons I can't wait to revisit is...
  • Piper falls for the ghost of a recently killed man she is trying to help (have to be excited about... it is a piper ep!)
  • Dealing with a cursed Egyptian Urn
  • Piper gets turned into a Wendigo
  • First time facing Barbas the demon of Fear
  • The Woogy in the Halliwell house
  • The Ghost from Alcatraz

LOL.. ok...ok I am excited about the whole thing. Definitely a show I would recommend... and it only gets better with each season that passes! :D

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
One thing that separates Charmed from Buffy is that the Charmed Ones dealt with the whole vampire issue in one episode. They paid the Vampire Slayer homage in one of Alyssa's lines..."Where's Buffy when you need her?" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks