What's new

"OMFG, Krypto is getting a mic finally!" (1 Viewer)

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jordan powell
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1320236

Scott Simonian from AVS sent me his mic and ordered me some cables from Parts Express. I have REW downloaded and installed as well as the mic correction files, but I am a novice and complete nooB at mic/REW/measurement so we are just getting started at setting me up. I ran an SPL test at 14Hz and 18Hz so far, it may be a day or two before I get a good FR responce curve measurement. Here are the vids and pics copy/pasted from AVS to show the initial SPL tests just getting to know the mic.

The mic and cables from Scott:

at :59 that crash you hear is my girlfriends Christmas Globe falling from a shelf and shattering. My nuts are now in a vise. THANK YOU SO MUCH SCOTT SIMONIAN FOR THE MIC AND CABLES! I hope I pronounced your name right!!! The noise you hear while bursting is things rattling/squeeling throughout the house, never bottomed out drivers are clean and clear.

117dB uncorrected at 18Hz, 135dB!

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jordan powell
5dB increments to see compression starting at -40dB ending at -10dB master volume. Yup, thats a 130dB peak :D Yup, thats solider than solid a 10Hz, yup, look at that 6Hz ;)

15Hz on up

003-2.jpg

DC on up ;) ;)

yes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks