What's new

Omega Man and "I Am Legend" (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Unfortunately I am seeing that remark far too often on the web.

People if you are a reader you owe to yourselves to find this author out - The Incredible Shrinking Man, Nightmare at 20,000 feet and I Am Legend are a minute representation of this writer's works.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I agree. As soon as I heard about this remake and after watching "The Omega Man" which is based on the book, I ran out and bought it. A great read.

I was a little nervous about this movie changing the characters from vampires to mutants but those suckers look terrifying so I'm really looking forward to seeing them in action. These are not your old white faced, not threating at all mutants from The Omega Man.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
anyone watch the new movie trailers? judgement still out there til final movie arrives =P

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Crap.......Crap.......Crap.......

Lowering my expectations as I type this................ it is hard..but I am doing it!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
That pretty much fit my apprehensions given the extended trailers. It looks more like a zombie/mutant movie than what the book really is: the desperate situation of being the last man on earth, and what that entails internally, psychologically, for that individual.

This should have been a psychological study on the human condition when put into that predicament. Sounds like from early reports that Will Smith might have had the acting chops to pull it off, but the director/screenwriter decided to go a different direction altogether.

The first part of the new extended trailer looks like the took the beginning of Stephen King's The Stand and appended it to the movie. Ironic [or perhaps fitting?] since King highly credits I Am Legend for inspiring him.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Actually, that is exactly what the first half/two-thirds of the movie is. Last man on earth stuff. And, Smith nails it big time.

However, your take on the Matheson story and mine are different. That is not how I read Matheson's book. I read it as a scientific vampire/monster/outsider story with a Twilight Zone twist at the end that challenges your standard definition of what a monster is. That's what the title is referring to anyhow...

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Agreed. Of course, I think even people who haven't read the book will be surprised at the serious dramatic nature of the first half. I've already seen people compare it to "Castaway". A good comparison. That is not likely to be what people are expecting - even if they haven't read the book.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I haven't read the book and I'm looking forward to seeing this. It sounds like it may be a good thing that I haven't read it. I have no expectations at all for this. I'm just intrigued by the trailer.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i honestly can't recall the ending of the novel. can someone enlighten me in spoiler brackets? here's my question:

i remember neville sexing it up w/some hot thang towards the end that led to his house being over-run... but what happens at the very end? i can't remember if he just dies or just joins them and runs away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks