What's new

Olive Films Signature: The Quiet Man / The Night of the Grizzly (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
OLIVE FILMS PRESENTS - Olive Signature

e9ff612d-9d40-4975-804e-8f9d299c1579.jpg
Olive Films proudly presents the following Olive Signature titles:

f0fbb6e4-2e37-4719-871b-2c5de004ca0c.jpg

THE QUIET MAN – OLIVE SIGNATURE

JOHN WAYNE
(Rio Grande, True Grit, Sands of Iwo Jima)
MAUREEN O’HARA
(Rio Grande, Miracle on 34th Street, McLintock!)
BARRY FITZGERALD
(Going My Way, Union Station, Silver City)
WARD BOND
(Johnny Guitar, It’s a Wonderful Life, The Maltese Falcon)
VICTOR MCLAGLEN
(The Informer, Rio Grande, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon)

Directed by
JOHN FORD
(Rio Grande, The Searchers, How Green Was My Valley)

YEAR: 1952
GENRE: ROMANCE, DRAMA
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH (with Optional English subtitles)
LABEL: OLIVE FILMS
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 129 mins
RATING: N/R
VIDEO: 1.37:1 Aspect Ratio; COLOR
AUDIO: MONO

OLIVE SIGNATURE FEATURES
  • Mastered from 4K scan of original camera negative
  • Audio commentary with John Ford biographer Joseph McBride
  • Tribute to Maureen O'Hara with Ally Sheedy, Hayley Mills, and Juliet Mills
  • “Don’t You Remember It, Seánín?: John Ford’s The Quiet Man” - a visual essay by historian and John Ford expert Tag Gallagher
  • "Free Republic: The Story of Herbert J. Yates and Republic Pictures"
  • "The Old Man: Remembering John Ford" - an appreciation of the director with Peter Bogdanovich
  • “The Making of The Quiet Man” – Written and hosted by Leonard Maltin

Sean Thornton (John Wayne, Sands of Iwo Jima), an American boxer with a tragic past, returns to the Irish town of his youth. There, he purchases his childhood home and falls in love with the fiery local lass, Mary Kate Danaher (Maureen O’Hara, Rio Grande). But Kate's insistence that Sean conduct his courtship in a proper Irish manner with matchmaker Michaleen Oge Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald, Going My Way) along for the ride as chaperone is but one obstacle to their future together; the other is her brother, “Red” Danaher (Victor McLaglen, Rio Grande), who spitefully refuses to give his consent to their marriage, or to honor the tradition of paying a dowry to the husband. Sean couldn't care less about dowries or any other tradition that might stand in the way of his happiness. But when Mary Kate accuses him of being a coward, Sean is finally ready to take matters into his own hands. The Quiet Man would go on to win two Academy Awards in 1953, including Best Director (John Ford) and Best Cinematography and received five more nominations including Best Picture, Best Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor (McLaglen).

8ba04434-01f3-425c-bc85-dab7b4e2a433.jpg

Available on DVD & BLU-RAY

THE NIGHT OF THE GRIZZLY – OLIVE SIGNATURE

CLINT WALKER
(The Dirty Dozen, The White Buffalo, The Great Bank Robbery)
MARTHA HYER
(Sabrina, Houseboat, The Sons of Katie Elder)
KEENAN WYNN
(Once Upon a Time in the West, Shack Out on 101, Nashville)
NANCY CULP
(Shane, Sabrina, TV’s The Beverly Hillbillies)

Directed by
JOSEPH PEVNEY
(Tammy and the Bachelor, Cash McCall, TV’s Wagon Train)

YEAR: 1966
GENRE: WESTERN
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH (with Optional English subtitles)
LABEL: OLIVE FILMS
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 102 mins
RATING: N/R
VIDEO: 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio; COLOR
AUDIO: MONO

OLIVE SIGNATURE FEATURES
  • New High-Definition digital restoration
  • Audio Commentary by film historian Toby Roan
  • “Blood on the Claw: How Cheyenne Bodie Became a Movie Star” - an essay by C. Courtney Joyner
  • “The Legend of Big Jim Cole” – interview with Clint Walker
  • The Night of the Grizzly World Premiere archival footage
  • “At Home with Clint Walker and His Home Gymnasium” – archival interview

Adventure is the name of the game in the action-packed, western-tinged The Night of the Grizzly. Clint Walker (The Dirty Dozen) stars as “Big Jim" Cole, a former lawman who trades his badge for rancher duds when he inherits land in Wyoming. But no sooner has the Cole family begun settling into their new life when nature — in the form of a blood-thirsty grizzly bear — rears its ugly head. Adding to the terror and tension are a group of envious neighbors who want the Cole property for themselves, and the unwelcome return of an outlaw from Big Jim’s past who’s out for revenge. Directed by Joseph Pevney (Man of a Thousand Faces), The Night of the Grizzly features a who's-who of great character actors including Keenan Wynn (Once Upon a Time in the West), Jack Elam (Hannie Caulder), Leo Gordon (Hondo) and Ron Ely (TV's Tarzan).

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Sigh, I guess I'll have to purchase The Quiet Man again. [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

Reactions: PMF

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
So, the inevitable Quiet Man question... new transfer, or repackaging of the last Olive issue?

I know it says "4k" transfer, but I don't recall how the last issue was done.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
All of the Olive Signature releases are from new masters. How good those masters are we will have to wait and see.

I suppose I'll have to wait for Mr Harris to chime in. I know he wasn't thrilled with the Olive's first attempt - serviceable, but not really looking "velvety" enough, I think was his comment. At least, one of his comments.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
If Olive doesn't correct the macroblocking problem found in the initial release, I'll buy the Eureka one which hasn't got any problem..

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hopefully, the upcoming Blu-ray for THE QUIET MAN (1952) is an example of "Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover", because that cover sure doesn't scream HD or a "velvety enough" image! Heck it doesn't even "quietly" whisper them! ;)

CHEERS! :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now Available for Preorder

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks