What's new

Olive Films Blu-ray Release and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Doug Bull said:
Gosh, that one slipped past me.
It's hard to believe that Paramount themselves actually released a wide screen version of The Matchmaker on DVD.
Most unlike Paramount to release a title that doesn't star Audrey Hepburn ;-)

It appears to be discontinued now because Amazon's dealers are offering new copies from $44.50. (thanks but no thanks)

Maybe Paramount themselves will think Blu-ray.
On second thoughts no Audrey Hepburn so Olive might be our best and only bet.

In the meantime the old 4:3 matted Laserdisc will suffice.
It does have the isolated film score by Adolph Deutsch which is great to have.

Does the Paramount DVD contain the isolated score?

Doug.
If you like the soundtrack to The Matchmaker, we issued it on Kritzerland, along with Hot Spell - two for the price of one :)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If you like the soundtrack to The Matchmaker, we issued it on Kritzerland, along with Hot Spell - two for the price of one :)

Bruce, how did you arrive at "Kritzerland," just from curiosity? Have you had this label long? How hands-on are you when it comes to chosing, licensing, mastering, and releasing these scores? You certainly have some interesting music there. Not to get off the thread topic too much!

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Eastmancolor said:
I recently picked up the Blu-ray to McCLINTOCK and it definitely has issues. I did an A-B comparison tonight with the Blu-ray and the HD version that is streaming on Netflix. The Netflix presentation has rich, saturated color and the image has excellent detail and looks very film-like projected onto a 10' screen. By contrast, the Blu-ray has a "noisier" picture with less detail.

Either the bit rate's too low on the Blu-ray or else they used an inferior HD master as a source. It's certainly not terrible, it's just OK, whereas the streaming and HD broadcast versions are excellent.
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the audio. It's terrible. You really notice the background racket when there's no music. I expect this sort of thing from those ancient silent flicks that TCM shows on late weekend nights, but certainly not from a film this recent (1963) on blu-ray. The DVD was better.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Has anyone received The City That Never Sleeps? It was supposed to be released on 4/23 but my order placed on 4/21 is showing that title is backordered.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Richard Gallagher said:
Has anyone received The City That Never Sleeps? It was supposed to be released on 4/23 but my order placed on 4/21 is showing that title is backordered.
Rich,

I think the only retailer that has this particular title in stock is Amazon. I deleted that title from my preorder with another retailer in order to receive the other titles that are in stock on that order.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I did but I bought it at Amoeba records...glad I decided not to wait it out

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Mine was fulfilled last week (same week as the release date) as an in-store pickup at Barnes & Noble. I was actually surprised, because B&N often lags on the Olive releases. Happily, they have received the three releases I want *this* week:The EnforcerCloak and DaggerHoodlum Empire

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Amazon shipped HOODLUM EMPIRE yesterday, but THE ENFORCER, CLOAK AND DAGGER, and THE MEN show "Shippring in 9 - 14 days", or "Shipping in 11 - 12 days", or "Out of Stock". Oh well, they will arrive when they arrive.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Robert Crawford said:
Rich,

I think the only retailer that has this particular title in stock is Amazon. I deleted that title from my preorder with another retailer in order to receive the other titles that are in stock on that order.
Thanks for the info. I ordered it from Import CDs. They always get titles to me eventually and I haven't had any real problems with them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Richard Gallagher said:
Thanks for the info. I ordered it from Import CDs. They always get titles to me eventually and I haven't had any real problems with them.
So did I, but I've grown too impatient with their late deliveries. I know part of it is Olive's fault as you most retailers having in-stock issues with their titles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Brandon Conway said:
From what I understand it's more to do with the replicator than Olive itself.
Either way, it's a supply chain issue and Olive is the distributor/supplier and thus, the ultimate responsible party.

DakotaSurfer

Agent
Real Name
Michael
I received two of the three new releases that were suppose to be out on April 30th.

Pals of the Saddle and The Lonely Trail. I'm beating a dead horse when I complain about the case images but this time Olive blew the remastering. Maybe this is from the master, if so they should have found a better master. But 39 minutes into the film "The Lonely Trail the center of the screen shows a water spot effect. I'd be interested in knowing if it's just my copy (unlikely) or if it's on all of them. Click on the image to see the clip with spots.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yesterday, I viewed The Enforcer BD which starred Bogart. This film was Warner's initial film attempt about Murder Inc., the mob's, contract killing business. I have to admit this was one of the better BD presentations from Olive. I don't know if it had to do with this film being a Warner film originally with probably the film elements in better shape, but it's very good and one of my top Olive BD releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Titles in bold updated with the latest releases:

Ambush at Cimarron Pass (1958) Jodie Copelan Scott Brady, Clint Eastwood, Margie DeanAmericano, The (1955) William Castle Glenn Ford, Frank Lovejoy, Cesar RomeroAngel and the Badman (1947) James Edward Grant John Wayne, Gail Russell, Harry Carey, Bruce CabotArch of Triumph (1948) Lewis Milestone Ingrid Bergman, Charles Boyer, Charles Laughton, Louis CalhernArmored Attack (1943) aka The North Star Lewis Milestone Anne Baxter, Dana Andrews, Farley GrangerAtomic Kid, The (1954) Leslie H. Martinson Mickey Rooney, Robert StraussBamboo Saucer, The (1968) Frank Telford Dan Duryea, James HongBang! Bang! You're Dead! (1966) Don Sharp Tony Randall, Senta Berger, Terry-Thomas, Herbert Lom, Klaus KinskiBells of St. Mary, The (1945) Leo McCarey Bing Crosby, Ingrid BergmanBeware, My Lovely (1952) Harry Horner Ida Lupino, Robert RyanBlood on the Sun (1945) Frank Lloyd James Cagney, Sylvia SidneyBlowing Wild (1953) Hugo Fregonese Gary Cooper, Barbara Stanwyck, Anthony Quinn, Ward BondBreakthrough (1979) Andrew V. McLaglen Richard Burton, Rod Steiger, Robert MitchumBullfighter and the Lady, The (1951) Budd Boetticher Robert Stack, Joy Page, Gilbert Roland, Katy JuradoCadence (1990) Martin Sheen Charlie Sheen, Martin Sheen, Larry FishburneCaught (1949) Max Ophuls James Mason, Barbara Bel Geddes, Robert RyanCauldron of Blood (1970) AKA Blind Man's Bluff Santos Alcocer Jean-Pierre Aumont, Boris Karloff, Viveca LindforsChampion (1949) Mark Robson Kirk Douglas, Marilyn Maxwell, Arthur Kennedy, Paul StewartChina Gate (1957) Samuel Fuller Gene Barry, Angie Dickenson, Nat King Cole, Lee Van CleefCity That Never Sleeps (1953) John H. Auer Gig Young, Mala Powers, Chill WillsCloak and Dagger (1946) Fritz Lang Gary Cooper, Lilli Palmer, Robert AldaCopacabana (1947) Alfred E. Green Groucho Marx, Carmen MirandaCourt-Martial of Billy Mitchell, The (1955) Otto Preminger Gary Cooper, Rod SteigerCrashout (1955) Lewis R. Foster William Bendix, Arthur Kennedy, Gene EvansCry Danger (1951) Robert Parrish Dick Powell, Rhonda FlemingCry Vengeance (1954) Mark Stevens Mark StevensCujo (1983) Lewis Teague Dee Wallace, Danny PintauroDakota (1945) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Vera Ralston, Walter Brennan, Ward Bond, Mike MazurkiDark Command (1940) Raoul Walsh John Wayne, Claire Trevor, Roy Rogers, Walter PidgeonDevil and Miss Jones, The (1941) Sam Wood Jean Arthur, Robert Cummings, Charles Coburn, Edmund GwennDiary of a Chambermaid (1946) Jean Renoir Paulette Goddard, Burgess Meredith, Judith AndersonDistant Drums (1951) Raoul Walsh Gary Cooper, Mari AldonDr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965) Freddie Francis Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Michael GoughEnforcer, The (1951) Bretaigne Windust Humphrey Bogart, Zero MostelFather Goose (1964) Ralph Nelson Cary Grant, Leslie CaronFighter Attack (1953) Lesley Selander Sterling Hayden, J. Carrol Naish, Joy PageFighting Kentuckian, The (1949) George Waggner John Wayne, Vera Ralston, Oliver Hardy, Philip DornFighting Seabees, The (1944) Edward Ludwig John Wayne, Susan HaywardFire Maidens of Outer Space (1956) Cy Roth Anthony Dexter, Susan ShawFlame of Barbary Coast (1945) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Ann Dvorak, Virginia Grey, Paul FixFlat Top (1952) Lesley Selander Sterling Hayden, Richard CarlsonFlying Tigers (1942) David Miller John Wayne, John CarrollFrontier Horizon (1939) AKA New Frontier George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Rymond Hatton, Jennifer JonesGirl Who Knew Too Much, The (1969) Francis D. Lyon Adam West, Nancy Kwan, Robert AldaGood Sam (1948) Leo McCarey Gary Cooper, Ann SheridanGrass is Greener, The (1960) Stanley Donen Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr, Robert Mitchum, Jean SimmonsGuest Wife (1945) Sam Wood Claudette Colbert, Don AmecheHanger 18 (1980) James L. Conway Darren McGavin, Robert Vaughn, Gary Collins, Joseph Campanella, Pamela BellwoodHell's Half Acre (1954) John H. Auer Wendell Corey, Evelyn Keyes, Elsa Lanchester, Marie WindsorHigh School Confidential (1958) Jack Arnold Russ Tamblyn, Jan SterlingHighlander II (1991) Both Versions Russell Mulcahy Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Virginia Madsen, Michael IronsideHome of the Brave (1949) Mark Robson Jeff Corey, James Edwards, Lloyd Bridges, Frank LovejoyHoodlum Empire (1952) Joseph Kane Brian Donlevy, Claire Trevor, Forrest Tucker, Gene LockhartI've Always Loved You (1946) Frank Borzage Philip Dorn, Catherine McLeodIn Old California (1942) William C. McGann John Wayne, Binnie Barnes, Albert DekkerIndiscreet (1958) Stanley Donen Cary Grant, Ingrid BergmanIronweed (1987) Hector Babenco Jack Nicholson, Meryl StreepIrreconcilable Differences (1984) Charles Shyer Ryan O'Neal, Shelley Long, Drew BarrymoreIt's in the Bag! (1945) Richard Wallace Fred Allen, Jack BennyJohnny Come Lately (1943) William K. Howard James Cagney, Grace GeorgeJulius Caesar (1970) Stuart Burge Charlton Heston, Jason RobardsKing of the Pecos (1936) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Muriel Evans, Cy KendallKiss Tomorrow Goodbye (1950) Gordon Douglas James Cagney, Barbara Payton, Ward BondLady For a Night (1942) Leigh Jason John Wayne, Joan BlondellLady From Louisiana (1941) Bernard Vorhaus John Wayne, One MunsonLady Takes a Chance, A (1943) William A. Seiter John Wayne, Jean Arthur, Charles Winninger, Phil SilversLast Command, The (1955) Frank Lloyd Sterling Hayden, Ernest BorgnineLawless Nineties, The (1936) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Ann Rutherford, Gabby HayesLife and Times of Grizzly Adams, The (1974) Richard Friedenberg Dan Haggerty, Don ShanksLive Nude Girls (1995) Julianna Lavin Dana Delany, Kim CattrallLonely Trail, The (1936) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Ann RutherfordLong Day's Journey Into Night (1962) Sidney Lumet Katharine Hepburn, Ralph Richardson, Jason Robards, Dean StockwellLost Moment, The (1947) Martin Gabel Robert Cummings, Susan HaywardLove Happy (1949) David Miller Marx Brothers, Marilyn MonroeMagic Christian, The (1969) Joseph McGrath Peter Sellers, Ringo StarrMagic Town (1947) William Wellman James Stewart, Jane WymanMagnificent Doll (1946) Frank Borzage Ginger Rogers, David Niven, Burgess MeredithMan Alone, A (1955) Ray Milland Ray Milland, Ward Bond, Raymond Burr, Lee Van Cleef, Alan Hale Jr.Man Betrayed, A (1941) aka Wheel of Fortune John H. Auer John Wayne, Frances Dee, Ward BondMarjorie Morningstar (1958) Irving Rapper Gene Kelly, Natalie Wood, Claire TrevorMen, The (1950) Fred Zinnemann Marlon Brando, Teresa Wright, Jack WebbMiracle of the Bells, The (1948) Irvin Pichel Fred MacMurray, Frank Sinatra, Alida ValliMonster Squad, The (1987) Fred Dekker Andre Gower, Tom NoonanMr. Peabody and the Mermaid (1948) Irvin Pichel William Powell, Ann BlythNew Frontier, The (1935) George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Raymond Hatton, Jennifer JonesNight of the Demons 2 (1994) Brian Trenchard-Smith Cristi Harris, Darin HeamesNight of the Scarecrow (1995) Jeff Burr Elizabeth Barondes, John MeseOne of Our Aircraft is Missing (1942) Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger Godfrey Tearle, Eric PortmanOne Touch of Venus (1948) William A. Seiter Robert Walker, Ava GardnerOnly the Valiant (1951) Gordon Douglas Gregory Peck, Barbara Payton, Ward Bond, Gig YoungOperation Petticoat (1959) Blake Edwards Cary Grant, Tony CurtisOregon Trail (1936) Scott Pembroke John Wayne, Ann RutherfordOther Love, The (1947) Andre De Toth Barbara Stanwyck, David Niven, Richard Conte, Gilbert RolandOutrage (1950) Ida Lupino Mala Powers, Tod AndrewsPals of the Saddle (1938) George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Max TerhunePawnbroker, The (1964) Sidney Lumet Rod Steiger, Geraldine FitzgeraldPenny Serenade (1941) George Stevens Cary Grant, Irene Dunne, Beulah BondiPlunder Road (1957) Hubert Cornfield Gene Raymond, Jeanne Cooper, Elisha Cook Jr.Quiet Man, The (1952) John Ford John Wayne, Maureen O'HaraRamrod (1947) Andre De Toth Joel McCrea, Veronica Lake, Don DeFore, Donald Crisp, Lloyd BridgesRed Menace, The (1949) R.G. Springsteen Robert Rockwell, Hannelore AxmanRed Pony, The (1949) Lewis Milestone Myrna Loy, Robert MitchumRetreat, Hell! (1952) Joseph H. Lewis Frank Lovejoy, Richard Carlson, Anita Louise, Russ TamblynReuben, Reuben (1983) Robert Ellis Miller Tom Conti, Kelly McGillis, Roberts BlossomRunning Man, The (1987) Paul Michael Glaser Arnold Schwarzenegger, Yaphet KottoRuthless (1948) Edgar G. Ulmer Zachary Scott, Sidney GreenstreetSands of Iwo Jima (1949) Allan Dwan John Wayne, John AgarSanta Fe Stampede (1938) George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Max TerhuneShack Out on 101 (1955) Edward Dein Terry Moore, Lee Marvin, Frank Lovejoy, Keenan WynnShark! (1969) Samuel Fuller Burt Reynolds, Arthur KennedyShe Devil (1957) Kurt Neumann Mari Blanchard, Jack Kelly, Albert DekkerShowdown at Boot Hill (1958) Gene Fowler Jr. Charles Bronson, Robert Hutton, John CarradineSleep My Love (1948) Douglas Sirk Claudette Colbert, Don Ameche, Robert CummingsSo This is New York (1948) Richard Fleischer Henry Morgan, Rudy Vallee, Bill GoodwinSouth of St. Louis (1949) Ray Enright Joel McCrea, Alexis Smith, Zachary Scott, Dorothy MaloneStranger on the Prowl (1952) Joseph Losey Paul Muni, Joan LorringStrangers in the Night (1944) Anthony Mann William Terry, Virginia GreySun Shines Bright, The (1953) John Ford Charles Winninger, Arleen Whelan, John RussellTam Lin (1970) aka The Devil's Widow & The Ballad of Tam Lin Roddy McDowall Ava Gardner, Ian McShane, Stephanie BeachamThat Cold Day in the Park (1969) Robert Altman Sandy Dennis, Michael BurnsThat Touch of Mink (1962) Delbert Mann Cary Grant, Doris Day, Gig YoungThat's My Man (1947) Frank Borzage Don Ameche, Catherine McLeodThree Faces West (1940) Bernard Vorhaus John Wayne, Charles CoburnTicks (1993) aka Infested Tony Randel Rosalind Allen, Ami Dolenz, Seth Green, Peter Scolari, Clint Howard, Rance HowardTrust (1990) (11/4/15) Hal Hartley Adrienne Shelly, Martin Donovan, Edie FalcoTry and Get Me (1950) aka The Sound of Fury Cy Endfield Frank Lovejoy, Kathleen Ryan, Richard Carlson, Lloyd BridgesWake of the Red Witch (1948) Edward Ludwig John Wayne, Gail RussellWar of the Wildcats (1943) aka In Old Oklahoma Albert S. Rogell John Wayne, Martha ScottWestward Ho (1935) Robert N. Bradbury John Wayne, Sheila Bromley, Frank McGlynn Jr.Witchboard 2 (1993) Kevin Tenney Ami Dolenz, Loraine NewmanWyoming Outlaw (1939) George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Raymond HattonYoung at Heart (1954) Gordon Douglas Doris Day, Frank Sinatra, Gig Young

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Titles in bold updated with the latest releases:

Ambush at Cimarron Pass (1958) Jodie Copelan Scott Brady, Clint Eastwood, Margie Dean
Americano, The (1955) William Castle Glenn Ford, Frank Lovejoy, Cesar Romero
Angel and the Badman (1947) James Edward Grant John Wayne, Gail Russell, Harry Carey, Bruce Cabot
Arch of Triumph (1948) Lewis Milestone Ingrid Bergman, Charles Boyer, Charles Laughton, Louis Calhern
Armored Attack (1943) aka The North Star Lewis Milestone Anne Baxter, Dana Andrews, Farley Granger
Atomic Kid, The (1954) Leslie H. Martinson Mickey Rooney, Robert Strauss
Bamboo Saucer, The (1968) Frank Telford Dan Duryea, James Hong
Bang! Bang! You're Dead! (1966) Don Sharp Tony Randall, Senta Berger, Terry-Thomas, Herbert Lom, Klaus Kinski
Bells of St. Mary, The (1945) Leo McCarey Bing Crosby, Ingrid Bergman
Beware, My Lovely (1952) Harry Horner Ida Lupino, Robert Ryan
Blood on the Sun (1945) Frank Lloyd James Cagney, Sylvia Sidney
Blowing Wild (1953) Hugo Fregonese Gary Cooper, Barbara Stanwyck, Anthony Quinn, Ward Bond
Breakthrough (1979) Andrew V. McLaglen Richard Burton, Rod Steiger, Robert Mitchum
Bullfighter and the Lady, The (1951) Budd Boetticher Robert Stack, Joy Page, Gilbert Roland, Katy Jurado
Cadence (1990) Martin Sheen Charlie Sheen, Martin Sheen, Larry Fishburne
Caught (1949) Max Ophuls James Mason, Barbara Bel Geddes, Robert Ryan
Cauldron of Blood (1970) AKA Blind Man's Bluff Santos Alcocer Jean-Pierre Aumont, Boris Karloff, Viveca Lindfors
Champion (1949) Mark Robson Kirk Douglas, Marilyn Maxwell, Arthur Kennedy, Paul Stewart
China Gate (1957) Samuel Fuller Gene Barry, Angie Dickenson, Nat King Cole, Lee Van Cleef
City That Never Sleeps (1953) John H. Auer Gig Young, Mala Powers, Chill Wills
Cloak and Dagger (1946) Fritz Lang Gary Cooper, Lilli Palmer, Robert Alda
Copacabana (1947) Alfred E. Green Groucho Marx, Carmen Miranda
Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell, The (1955) Otto Preminger Gary Cooper, Rod Steiger
Crashout (1955) Lewis R. Foster William Bendix, Arthur Kennedy, Gene Evans

Cry Danger (1951) Robert Parrish Dick Powell, Rhonda Fleming
Cry Vengeance (1954) Mark Stevens Mark Stevens
Cujo (1983) Lewis Teague Dee Wallace, Danny Pintauro

Dakota (1945) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Vera Ralston, Walter Brennan, Ward Bond, Mike Mazurki
Dark Command (1940) Raoul Walsh John Wayne, Claire Trevor, Roy Rogers, Walter Pidgeon
Devil and Miss Jones, The (1941) Sam Wood Jean Arthur, Robert Cummings, Charles Coburn, Edmund Gwenn
Diary of a Chambermaid (1946) Jean Renoir Paulette Goddard, Burgess Meredith, Judith Anderson

Distant Drums (1951) Raoul Walsh Gary Cooper, Mari Aldon
Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965) Freddie Francis Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Michael Gough
Enforcer, The (1951) Bretaigne Windust Humphrey Bogart, Zero Mostel
Father Goose (1964) Ralph Nelson Cary Grant, Leslie Caron

Fighter Attack (1953) Lesley Selander Sterling Hayden, J. Carrol Naish, Joy Page
Fighting Kentuckian, The (1949) George Waggner John Wayne, Vera Ralston, Oliver Hardy, Philip Dorn
Fighting Seabees, The (1944) Edward Ludwig John Wayne, Susan Hayward
Fire Maidens of Outer Space (1956) Cy Roth Anthony Dexter, Susan Shaw
Flame of Barbary Coast (1945) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Ann Dvorak, Virginia Grey, Paul Fix
Flat Top (1952) Lesley Selander Sterling Hayden, Richard Carlson
Flying Tigers (1942) David Miller John Wayne, John Carroll
Frontier Horizon (1939) AKA New Frontier George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Rymond Hatton, Jennifer Jones
Girl Who Knew Too Much, The (1969) Francis D. Lyon Adam West, Nancy Kwan, Robert Alda

Good Sam (1948) Leo McCarey Gary Cooper, Ann Sheridan
Grass is Greener, The (1960) Stanley Donen Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr, Robert Mitchum, Jean Simmons
Guest Wife (1945) Sam Wood Claudette Colbert, Don Ameche
Hanger 18 (1980) James L. Conway Darren McGavin, Robert Vaughn, Gary Collins, Joseph Campanella, Pamela Bellwood
Harlow (1965) Gordon Douglas Carroll Baker, Martin Balsam, Red Buttons, Michael Connors, Angela Lansbury

Hell's Half Acre (1954) John H. Auer Wendell Corey, Evelyn Keyes, Elsa Lanchester, Marie Windsor
High School Confidential (1958) Jack Arnold Russ Tamblyn, Jan Sterling
Highlander II (1991) Both Versions Russell Mulcahy Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Virginia Madsen, Michael Ironside
Home of the Brave (1949) Mark Robson Jeff Corey, James Edwards, Lloyd Bridges, Frank Lovejoy
Hoodlum Empire (1952) Joseph Kane Brian Donlevy, Claire Trevor, Forrest Tucker, Gene Lockhart
I've Always Loved You (1946) Frank Borzage Philip Dorn, Catherine McLeod
In Old California (1942) William C. McGann John Wayne, Binnie Barnes, Albert Dekker
Indiscreet (1958) Stanley Donen Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman
Ironweed (1987) Hector Babenco Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep
Irreconcilable Differences (1984) Charles Shyer Ryan O'Neal, Shelley Long, Drew Barrymore
It's in the Bag! (1945) Richard Wallace Fred Allen, Jack Benny

Johnny Come Lately (1943) William K. Howard James Cagney, Grace George
Julius Caesar (1970) Stuart Burge Charlton Heston, Jason Robards
King of the Pecos (1936) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Muriel Evans, Cy Kendall

Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye (1950) Gordon Douglas James Cagney, Barbara Payton, Ward Bond
Lady For a Night (1942) Leigh Jason John Wayne, Joan Blondell
Lady From Louisiana (1941) Bernard Vorhaus John Wayne, One Munson

Lady Takes a Chance, A (1943) William A. Seiter John Wayne, Jean Arthur, Charles Winninger, Phil Silvers
Last Command, The (1955) Frank Lloyd Sterling Hayden, Ernest Borgnine
Lawless Nineties, The (1936) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Ann Rutherford, Gabby Hayes
Life and Times of Grizzly Adams, The (1974) Richard Friedenberg Dan Haggerty, Don Shanks
Live Nude Girls (1995) Julianna Lavin Dana Delany, Kim Cattrall
Lonely Trail, The (1936) Joseph Kane John Wayne, Ann Rutherford

Long Day's Journey Into Night (1962) Sidney Lumet Katharine Hepburn, Ralph Richardson, Jason Robards, Dean Stockwell
Lost Moment, The (1947) Martin Gabel Robert Cummings, Susan Hayward
Love Happy (1949) David Miller Marx Brothers, Marilyn Monroe
Magic Christian, The (1969) Joseph McGrath Peter Sellers, Ringo Starr
Magic Town (1947) William Wellman James Stewart, Jane Wyman

Magnificent Doll (1946) Frank Borzage Ginger Rogers, David Niven, Burgess Meredith
Man Alone, A (1955) Ray Milland Ray Milland, Ward Bond, Raymond Burr, Lee Van Cleef, Alan Hale Jr.
Man Betrayed, A (1941) aka Wheel of Fortune John H. Auer John Wayne, Frances Dee, Ward Bond
Marjorie Morningstar (1958) Irving Rapper Gene Kelly, Natalie Wood, Claire Trevor
Men, The (1950) Fred Zinnemann Marlon Brando, Teresa Wright, Jack Webb
Miracle of the Bells, The (1948) Irvin Pichel Fred MacMurray, Frank Sinatra, Alida Valli
Monster Squad, The (1987) Fred Dekker Andre Gower, Tom Noonan

Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid (1948) Irvin Pichel William Powell, Ann Blyth
New Frontier, The (1935) George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Raymond Hatton, Jennifer Jones
Night of the Demons 2 (1994) Brian Trenchard-Smith Cristi Harris, Darin Heames
Night of the Scarecrow (1995) Jeff Burr Elizabeth Barondes, John Mese

Once is Not Enough (1975) Guy Green Kirk Douglas, Alexis Smith, David Jansen, George Hamilton
One of Our Aircraft is Missing (1942) Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger Godfrey Tearle, Eric Portman
One Touch of Venus (1948) William A. Seiter Robert Walker, Ava Gardner
Only the Valiant (1951) Gordon Douglas Gregory Peck, Barbara Payton, Ward Bond, Gig Young
Operation Petticoat (1959) Blake Edwards Cary Grant, Tony Curtis
Oregon Trail (1936) Scott Pembroke John Wayne, Ann Rutherford
Other Love, The (1947) Andre De Toth Barbara Stanwyck, David Niven, Richard Conte, Gilbert Roland
Outrage (1950) Ida Lupino Mala Powers, Tod Andrews
Pals of the Saddle (1938) George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Max Terhune
Pawnbroker, The (1964) Sidney Lumet Rod Steiger, Geraldine Fitzgerald
Penny Serenade (1941) George Stevens Cary Grant, Irene Dunne, Beulah Bondi
Plunder Road (1957) Hubert Cornfield Gene Raymond, Jeanne Cooper, Elisha Cook Jr.
Pursued (1947) Raoul Walsh Robert Mitchum, Teresa Wright, Judith Anderson, Dean Jagger

Quiet Man, The (1952) John Ford John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara
Ramrod (1947) Andre De Toth Joel McCrea, Veronica Lake, Don DeFore, Donald Crisp, Lloyd Bridges
Red Menace, The (1949) R.G. Springsteen Robert Rockwell, Hannelore Axman
Red Pony, The (1949) Lewis Milestone Myrna Loy, Robert Mitchum

Retreat, Hell! (1952) Joseph H. Lewis Frank Lovejoy, Richard Carlson, Anita Louise, Russ Tamblyn
Reuben, Reuben (1983) Robert Ellis Miller Tom Conti, Kelly McGillis, Roberts Blossom
Running Man, The (1987) Paul Michael Glaser Arnold Schwarzenegger, Yaphet Kotto
Ruthless (1948) Edgar G. Ulmer Zachary Scott, Sidney Greenstreet

Sands of Iwo Jima (1949) Allan Dwan John Wayne, John Agar
Santa Fe Stampede (1938) George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Max Terhune
Shack Out on 101 (1955) Edward Dein Terry Moore, Lee Marvin, Frank Lovejoy, Keenan Wynn
Shark! (1969) Samuel Fuller Burt Reynolds, Arthur Kennedy
She Devil (1957) Kurt Neumann Mari Blanchard, Jack Kelly, Albert Dekker

Showdown at Boot Hill (1958) Gene Fowler Jr. Charles Bronson, Robert Hutton, John Carradine
Sleep My Love (1948) Douglas Sirk Claudette Colbert, Don Ameche, Robert Cummings
So This is New York (1948) Richard Fleischer Henry Morgan, Rudy Vallee, Bill Goodwin
South of St. Louis (1949) Ray Enright Joel McCrea, Alexis Smith, Zachary Scott, Dorothy Malone
Stranger on the Prowl (1952) Joseph Losey Paul Muni, Joan Lorring
Strangers in the Night (1944) Anthony Mann William Terry, Virginia Grey

Summer and Smoke (1961) Peter Glenville Laurence Harvey, Geraldine Page, Rita Moreno, John McIntire
Sun Shines Bright, The (1953) John Ford Charles Winninger, Arleen Whelan, John Russell

Tam Lin (1970) aka The Devil's Widow & The Ballad of Tam Lin Roddy McDowall Ava Gardner, Ian McShane, Stephanie Beacham
That Cold Day in the Park (1969) Robert Altman Sandy Dennis, Michael Burns
That Touch of Mink (1962) Delbert Mann Cary Grant, Doris Day, Gig Young

That's My Man (1947) Frank Borzage Don Ameche, Catherine McLeod
Three Faces West (1940) Bernard Vorhaus John Wayne, Charles Coburn

Three Secrets (1950) Robert Wise Eleanor Parker, Patricia O'Neal, Ruth Roman, Frank Lovejoy, Leif Erickson
Ticks (1993) aka Infested Tony Randel Rosalind Allen, Ami Dolenz, Seth Green, Peter Scolari, Clint Howard, Rance Howard
Trust (1990) (11/4/15) Hal Hartley Adrienne Shelly, Martin Donovan, Edie Falco

Try and Get Me (1950) aka The Sound of Fury Cy Endfield Frank Lovejoy, Kathleen Ryan, Richard Carlson, Lloyd Bridges
Wake of the Red Witch (1948) Edward Ludwig John Wayne, Gail Russell
War of the Wildcats (1943) aka In Old Oklahoma Albert S. Rogell John Wayne, Martha Scott
Westward Ho (1935) Robert N. Bradbury John Wayne, Sheila Bromley, Frank McGlynn Jr.

Witchboard 2 (1993) Kevin Tenney Ami Dolenz, Loraine Newman
WUSA (1970) Stuart Rosenberg Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Anthony Perkins, Laurence Harvey, Pat Hingle

Wyoming Outlaw (1939) George Sherman John Wayne, Ray Corrigan, Raymond Hatton
Young at Heart (1954) Gordon Douglas Doris Day, Frank Sinatra, Gig Young

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Movies made by United States Pictures that are out or coming out on Blu-ray through Olive in Bold:

Blowing Wild
Cloak and Dagger
The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell
Distant Drums
The Enforcer
My Girl Tisa
Pursued
Retreat, Hell!
South of St. Louis
Three Secrets

If South of St. Louis makes it to BD, I can die a happy man. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks