What's new

Old-school! Fisher Electronics (1 Viewer)

Jack_Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know where I can get some information about older Fisher electronics? Specifically, my dad just bought (for $10) a Fisher CA-880 Studio Standard Integrated Amp and FM-660 Tuner at a flea market. He said they're in great shape and everything "lights up" when he plugs it in. I have no idea where to look for manuals, info, specs, etc. I'm sure this isn't worth much, but it would help to know.

Can anyone provide any links or information?

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Jack_Geo

Stunt Coordinator
One additional thought...I don't even know for sure that this particular piece of Fisher gear can / should be classified as "Old School." It might only be a couple years old.

So, if that's the case, I apologize to the true old school fans...but would still appreciate any info...

Jack

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I couldn't tell you if I have the same model, but sitting somewhere in storage is a "Studio Standard" fisher integrated amp, tuner, and tape deck. Got it when I was little. Assuming it's the same... what would you want to know?

It was rated at 60WPC is all I know, actually.

Best of luck,

Martin.

Jack_Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the quick responses...

I guess I'd want to know how old it is, the WPC (thanks Martin), if it's worth saving, if it has any redeeming qualities that set it apart, if there's a manual still available...or if I could use it to supplement and existing system.

Basically...back in the day Fisher was a well-respected brand...and was wondering if these pieces are part of that tradition or were introduced during the "decline."

Any other specs would be nice, too...

Just curious about it, basically.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Is it black or brushed metal faced? If black then it's pretty much after the Old days equipment!

Wes

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I guess I'd want to know how old it is, the WPC (thanks Martin), if it's worth saving, if it has any redeeming qualities that set it apart, if there's a manual still available...or if I could use it to supplement and existing system.
In order, 60WPC (as I said before), no, no, don't know, no. :) Really, I think 10 bucks is about right.
Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks