What's new

Old Nick Shows (1 Viewer)

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator
Is it just my imagination, or have Paramount already confirmed that Sister Sister is coming this year? Perhaps it'll be part of this collection...

StacyV

Second Unit
Is it just my imagination, or have Paramount already confirmed that Sister Sister is coming this year? Perhaps it'll be part of this collection...
It was never confirmed, just mentioned among a number of shows that Paramount planned for a 2005 release. Either way, it wasn't a Nick show, so I doubt it'll be part of the Rewind Collection.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I hope the releases today sell well. I'd love to buy future releases that might happen, such as "Salute Your Shorts" (purely for nostalgia purposes). Funny show.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I hope too because I would like to see a few in the future like My Brother and Me, Classic All That, and more...

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Clarissa Explains It All: Season 1 - Highly Recommended

The Adventures of Pete & Pete: Season 1 - ???? (I don't know yet but I'll tell you tommorrow afternoon if you should get it or not.)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Just to help -
Clarissa:
Target - Does not carry
Circuit City - Does not carry
Best Buy - $25.99
Wal-Mart - Does not carry
Pete & Pete:
Target - Does not carry
Circuit City - Does not carry
Best Buy - $25.99
Wal-Mart - @18.98
I am picking up Clarissa from www.deepdiscountdvd.com as it is something like $19.50 as well as Pete & Pete.
Gosh I hope these sell well! People have been saying for years that they would buy these sets if they came out - please do it!
ryan

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I got my copy of Clarissa Explains It All: Season 1 from Suncoast for only $21.99 and it was on sale which is cool...

Jon Ganahl

Auditioning
These discs are definitely harder to come by than I had anticipated. I hit Tower, WalMart, Target and Circuit City with no luck. I've held off going to Best Buy since they are charging $1 off of retail. Looks like I'll hit up Suncoast later today.

Kate*H

Agent
Yeah, its especially noticable in The Day of the Dot

but all in all, a great set.

Michael Stipe is a horrible actor though.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
There wasn't much that could be done to Day of the Dot. I remember seeing those issues on TV when it aired in reruns. I believe the master tape has been damaged at some point, so unless they spent a lot of money on restoring it (which I doubt they want to do) that's the best we are going to get.

SteveFlack

Auditioning
Ok, I am just finishing up the last commentary track on "Pete & Pete", and have been through everything on these discs. My review: thumbs up. Yes, the video quality isn't amazing, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The one major problem, the red line during the "Day of The Dot" episode, is pretty glaring, but from what I hear, the master copy of the show is ruined, and the only way to really fix was way too expensive. I'm just really happy to finally have it.

Now, my one issue: the first season of Pete and Pete was only 8 episodes, but there were 5 episode length specials that preceded it. Later, these 5 shows were packaged with the series. The discs contain 4 of the specials, but not as they originally aired. Instead, they are the versions that aired with the series, and have the standard Pete & Pete opening credits instead of the original credits. But that's fine. The issue I have is that the 5th special "Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas" is missing. I haven't been able to track down an original airdate for that special, but I'm almost 100% positive it preceded the series, and therefore should be on here. My fear is that since the episode features real footage of Johnny Unitas, Paramount was too cheap to pay for the rights, and therefore left it out.

Other than that, I just wish it had more shorts on it.

-Steve!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks