What's new

Old Nick Shows (1 Viewer)

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
tween market.
She probably has more star power compared to those from the other shows, though I don't think that is the right target market anymore.

BTW, is there any indication of the price on any of these things? I hope they don't pull a 'Star Trek' with that.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I can't wait to see more releases! I'm buying Clarissa definitly. But Pete and Pete was ok but I don't think I'd buy it. How much are these sets going to cost?
I'd love to see shows like, Alex Mack!, Doug, Rocco, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, The old Rugrats. I hope Nick makes more of these sets!:D

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
I would DIE if they released "The Secret World of Alex Mack" and "Space Cases".

I LOVED Alex Mack as a kid, and Space Cases.. wow, it's been 10 years since I've seen either of those, it seems. I'd buy them in an instant.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I loved Space Cases. I was really dissapointed when they cancelled it, now we'll never know if they made it back. I always thought those tunnel-slide things they used to get around the ship were awesome. Put me down for that show(and Alex Mack now that you mention it).

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
The 8 episodes of The Adventures of Pete and Pete seem a little skimpy, but I'm still glad its coming out. Hopefully it will have some extra content, particularly the original shorts and specials. Its a very funny show that can be compared favorably to the adult sitcoms of the time.
If paramount didn't put any extras on Charmed I don't see them putting any on these either.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
If paramount didn't put any extras on Charmed I don't see them putting any on these either.
True, but this could be a case where Paramount is the distributer for the DVDs that Nickelodeon wants put together. Paramount doesn't usually do extras, but South Park has extras because Paramount acts only as the distributer of the Comedy Central property. If the same is true for Nickelodeon then there is a chance we could get extras. Charmed I think is a show that Paramount doesn't just distribute but they actually own it out right. At least that's how I'm guessing and again its just a guess.

Yeah! Pete and Pete! Release day, no questions asked! As for the fact its only 8 episodes, a great deal of these Nick shows had really small episode counts when it was all said and done. I'm sure the price will be a good one.

Long live Artie...Petunia...and all the rest.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Yeah when you're a kid a 8 episode season feels like forever when its only a few months. Plus kids never get sick of re-runs, I watched everything on Nick over and over.

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
The 292 minute run time of the "Pete and Pete" set is way too long for only 8 episodes (however, still a bit short for 13). Hopefully a content clarification is forthcoming.

Jon Ganahl

Auditioning
Maybe they will include the shorts and specials that aired before season 1. It would make sense chronologically, and would also account for the extra 100 minutes in the stated run time vs. the runtime of the 8 episodes.

If memory serves, there are probably around 15 1 minute shorts and 4 or 5 specials. That would cause it to go over the 292 minute runtime, but I think it's a good bet we will get a lot of this early stuff...I hope.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Paramount may not like including much extra material for their sets, but in the case of "Pete and Pete", they wouldn't have to go to any special effort to do it. I'm guardedly optimistic. Perhaps, given the discrepancy in running time, they could save some of the specials for a hopeful future set.

StacyV

Second Unit
I don't think extras are generally included in what's labelled as the runtime of a particular tv on dvd set. 24 goes into 192 exactly 8 times, so I'd imagine it should say 192 instead of 292, for eight 24-minute episodes.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Here are some of the shows that I would like to see released that was a show on NICK:

All That (Old Seasons)

My Brother and Me

Doug

Cousin Skeeter

and more but that is just to name a few..

Jon Ganahl

Auditioning
TvshowsOnDVD seems to have updated their Pete and Pete information.

Features:

* 4 Bonus Pete & Pete Specials

* Pete & Pete Shorts

* Polaris Music Station

* Audio Commentaries from Show Creators and Director

So that's 4 of the 5 specials and hopefully we'll get a good chunk of shorts as well. Commentaries are far more than I expected.

BrianEX

Auditioning
I hope the first two Rewind sets do well enough to justify future releases. Are You Afraid of the Dark season 1 would be the perfect set to buy in October.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I'm sure the release of the other shows in their catalog rest on the success of these first two releases. I think they made good choices as well. They seem like two of the most fondly remembered shows and their airings on The N have probably brought in a new audience as well.

I taped most of the Pete and Pete episodes off the N when they first started airing there and they come off as a show of an amazing quality. It's not a show that you buy just for nostalgia factor, it holds up just as well if you never watched as a kid. i'd say its the best show Nick ever aired and I think the demand for these sets is bigger than Nick has realized.

I remember reading an interview with someone at Media Blasters when they got the Invader Zim liscense and they said Nick was surprised and unaware that their was demand from an older, cult audience. With the success of that and tv on dvd in general, I guess their eyes are starting to open to the fact that there is an older market that's ready to throw money their way and they're now testing the waters. If these do well, I'll bet a bunch more stuff will be fastracked for release.

My guesses for what will come next;

Hey Dude

Salute Your Shorts

You Can't Do That On Television

Alex Mack

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Those are the unannounced ones I seem to hear people of my generation bring up the most and which I also think will still hold up well. I would hope they stay away from stuff that maybe did well, but they know will be absolutely awful when you watch it again (crap like My Brother and Me or Fifteen). After the more obvious successes, I would hope they then moved on to some of the less hailed gems in their collection like the Tommorow People remake, which I remember enjoying a lot, or maybe Welcome Freshmen.

Also, it seems Doug is due for a release.

Anwyway, I'm getting way ahead of myself. I guess I should just sit back and wait for Pete & Pete.

StacyV

Second Unit
I would hope they stay away from stuff that maybe did well, but they know will be absolutely awful when you watch it again (crap like My Brother and Me or Fifteen).
I hope they don't stay away from those shows, I'd love it if they release it all. I'd imagine they wouldn't be taking a big hit by releasing MBAM since it was only 13 episodes. Nick showed those same 13 episodes for around 2 years straight, so it probably built up a following as a result.
Others I'd like to see that (I think) haven't mentioned yet: another show with a short run Noah Knows Best, and a collection of Nickelodeon Sports Theater with Shaquille O'Neal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks