What's new

Old Nick Shows (1 Viewer)

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely, and I completely forgot about Kenan & Kel as well as Roundhouse, there are so many, I can't even remember, but I just remember the good times, and the guy who brought up ALEX MACK! WHOOO HOOO! I love that show. Nick is the best man.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I've got to say that at the top of my wishlist for these Nick shows is Are You Afraid of the Dark?

If my memory serves me correct, there were some quality episodes there with some real creativity.

I wouldn't mind seeing Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Doug, Rocco, etc either...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I've been saying this whole time that these shows would just be a license to print money if they ever hit DVD.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread though, Nick might not own the rights to all of the shows they broadcasted so that would be something to keep those shows out of being included in the rewind collection. What they would or would not own, I don't know but its something to be considered.

Yeah, Round House was great, Secret World of Alex Mac...Are You Afraid of the Dark...all of them.

I wonder spekaing of not owning certain shows if Disney wouldn't be the studio to release Doug, I think they bought it a few years ago when they started to air on ABC.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
*coughs*Cities of Gold*coughs*

I want Afraid of the Dark, YCDTOTV and Hey Dude naturally, but man, I'm DYING for a DVD of Cities of Gold!

Matthew H

Second Unit
I'd be (almost) all of the Rewind Collections.. I liked Clarissa but not enough to warrant a purchase. I'm hoping for more classic shows. w00t!

Joe:C

Second Unit
Hey Dude, Salute your Shorts, and Are You Afraid of the Dark? would be on my purchase list.

Joseph G.

Agent
My original post about 8 months ago:

I dont know who owns the rights to old nickolodean shows and cartoons. But I would love to see alot of them get dvd releases. Shows such as: Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of The Dark, Hey Dude, and tunes such as: AHHH! Real Monsters, Count Duckula, Doug and ect. ect. I think that Nickolodean would benefit by releasing some of these shows and labeling them Nick Classics. Kind of how Hanna Barberra labels their cartoon box sets as the Hanna Barberra collection. Just curious how many people would be interested in box sets like these. Also feel free to list shows you would consider Nick Classics. I realize this is just wishful thinking and probably hopeful dreaming, but it would be great to see.

It's great to see this looks to be true. Except for it will be called the rewind collection and not Nick Classics! When I said it was wishful thinking and hopeful dreaming, I meant it. I didnt think I would see the day. Great news most defitnely! I will be purchasing Clarissa Explains it All! It's kind of cheezy now I'm sure, but it brings me back to a part of my childhood.

Also, I wonder what made them release Clarissa first(not taking away from the excitement!). I figured if they ever did such a thing it would be with "Salute Your Shorts" or "Hey Dude". Oh well either way I'm pysched about this!

Oh yeah another thing, in my original thread I talked about toons being a part of "Nick Classics". Does anyone know if the cartoons will be considered for the "Rewind Collection"? I hope so, and I cant wait to see if there will be another announcement concerning these Rewind collections.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news. While I to am not planing on buying Clarissa Explains It All. I hope it does well, and hopefully they will soon release the original All That, Kenan and Kel, etc.

Maybe even You Can't Do That on Television, which Nickelodeon/Viacom does not own the DVD rights too. Most of Nick's 80's shows were not produced by their company, thus they don't own the DVD rights to those shows.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
That's awesome I have a feeling most of Nick shows that we want will come with this Rewind Collection. I have a good feeling about Are You Afraid of the Dark!!!!

RossMan

Stunt Coordinator
Joseph G. wrote:

"Also, I wonder what made them release Clarissa first(not taking away from the excitement!). I figured if they ever did such a thing it would be with "Salute Your Shorts" or "Hey Dude". Oh well either way I'm pysched about this!"

It's because that "Clarissa" has the biggest potential market...

i.e, Melissa Joan Hart->tween market.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
YAHOOOOOOO! MAN, this is exciting!
TVShowsonDVD just posted an article announcing PETE AND PETE: Season 1! Same Day release as Clarissa! Did I mention this is exciting? Here's hoping Paramount has more sets to announce for that date! :P

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Both shows so far are ones I like but will wait for. But it's about time we're getting these shows! Thanks Nick and Paramount!

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! Warner move the hell over (well, not yet), this is awesomeness! Pete & Pete, Clarissa, Come on Rewind Collection...GO GO GADGET DVD!

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
The 8 episodes of The Adventures of Pete and Pete seem a little skimpy, but I'm still glad its coming out. Hopefully it will have some extra content, particularly the original shorts and specials. Its a very funny show that can be compared favorably to the adult sitcoms of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks