Old Nick Shows

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Joseph G., Jun 21, 2004.

1. Don_Limey

Don_Limey Stunt Coordinator

I would certainly get Salute Your Shorts. I loved that show when I was a kid. I remember Budnick, Donkeylips & the hot Dina.

2. Chris:L

Chris:L Supporting Actor

ZEKE the PLUMBER

3. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

What was that game show called where they ran around in like a egyptian setting almost, doing various different "events," then at the end they went through a large maze sorta...

Throughout the show the host talked to a large mask on the wall, adding to the theme...

I'm like 99% sure this was on Nick, what was the title of it??

Mike

oh btw count me in for Are you Afraid, Rugrats, Doug, Rocko, and probably many more. Nick was the BEST back in the day

4. JasonJason

JasonJason Stunt Coordinator

5. Chris:L

Chris:L Supporting Actor

You Can't Do That On Television. Wow, I never ever found that funny.

6. Jarrod Hines

Jarrod Hines Stunt Coordinator

7. Wezzo

Wezzo Second Unit

Yes! I hope this paves the way for Pete & Pete, Are You Afraid?, Rugrats, Doug, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold and Kenan and Kel..

8. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan

9. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

10. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan

11. elizaVeta

elizaVeta Extra

I didn't read through the whole entire thread very thoroughly but I think Clarissa Explains It All is coming out on DVD, right?? [​IMG]
    If they release that they'll probably release others! So, it's hope. [​IMG]

12. Ben_@

Ben_@ Stunt Coordinator

WOW. I like that they're going ahead with the "Rewind collectiong" it gives people like me something to hope for down the line. While I'm not going to pick up Clarissa, i know plenty of people who will, and I'll look forward to future "Rewind" releases.

13. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

This is definitely the most shocking (yet satisfying) announcement of the year so far! I like Clarissa--I may pick it up eventually but it's not really a top priority so I can probably wait a year or two and see if there's a slow month and get it then.

But AYAOTD, Kenan and Kel, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, are mine day of release! I hope this Rewind Collection continues; it's a great idea.

14. Anthony Wolfe

Anthony Wolfe Stunt Coordinator

It's funny, because I had this thread opened (but hadn't read it) and then checked TV Shows on DVD and saw the story and obviously put the thread and story together.

Anywho, this is awesome news, anyone who grew up or just enjoyed early 90's television will love this. 70's and 80's releases have been abundant, now it's time for us mid-80's early 90's kids to get a turn (beyond the Simpsons and the like), we have Fresh Prince, and Saved By The Bell mainly tiding us over, now with the anniuncement of Clarissa, I'm on cloud 9. Hopefully this will lead to 'Salute Your Shorts', 'Pete and Pete', '*chants* You Can't Do That On Television' and many others, Nick had so many awesome childhood shows and I would hesitate for a second to buy any of them, I know that whatever they release in this 'rewind' collection will be awesome man. This is great...plus Carolina plays Duke today...What a good day!

Wow, it's almost like a large part of your childhood culture (or lack there of, depending on how you look at it) coming alive and coming back. Some of these shows pack the fondest of memories (but that's obvious).

15. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

As soon as I saw the news item I thought "can't wait for a Pete and Pete and Salute Your Shorts announcement." Hope those two are in the pipeline.

16. John*P

John*P Second Unit

This is VERY exciting news! My sister and I loved Clarissa Explains it All in the early 90s. (I had a huge crush on Melissa Joan Hart) This is a must-buy for me, but I'm really hoping for seasons of Adventures of Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, The Secret World of Alex Mack and others.
    A more recent show, Caitlin's Way, would be cool on DVD, but I'm not sure how big the audience would be for that series...
    I'd take Kenan & Kel and the early seasons of All That, though music clearances might be a problem for the latter. (I could do without the musical performances myself...)
    I'm glad to see Paramount is finally doing something with the old Nickelodeon shows. [​IMG]

17. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! Let the rewinding begin!

18. Catrina

Catrina Auditioning

It was just annouced today that Clarissa Explains it all season 1 will hit DVD on May 17th! According to tvshowsondvd.com this will be the start of Nick's new Rewind Collection. If this item sells well hopefully we'll see Salute your shorts, You can't do that on television,are you afraid of the dark etc. in the near future.

19. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

This is just the greatest news I could hear right now... If only Roundhouse would also be on the way. [​IMG]

20. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

Great news! Though I won't be getting Clarissa Explains It All(maybe sometime, but I'm not right away at least), but I'm looking forward to anything/everything else. I'm hoping they'll do Pete and Pete next, one of my favorite shows of all time as a kid. I remember them doing a "Petestock '95" marathon. Wow, that was 10 years ago. This "Rewind Collection" will be bringing back some really great memories.