What's new

Old Nick Shows (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Before Action League Now was on Kablam. It was on All That. There was two Action League Now shorts that aired on All That during its first season, during a phase of All That when they weren't sure how much like SNL they wanted to be like.

Action League Now to All That was what the Albert Brooks and Gary Weis, and today the Robert Smigel films were to SNL. But they didn't want to go that root.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I remember Kablam/Action League Now but was never a big fan. Now, if they released The Complete Prometheyus (sp) and Bob, I'd be a happy camper.

If you go to boards at YCDTOTV.com you'll find someone who has a connection to Nickelodeon (friends with employees, including programming, but he doesn't work for them), and he says that Nickelodeon is looking at You Can't Do That on Television, Hey Dude, and Salute Your Shorts for future DVD releases as part of the Nick Rewind Collection.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Prometheus and Bob is hilarious. Okay go ahead and add Kablam! to my list of wanted Nickelodeon shows.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I went to the ycdtot website, and yes this guy said You Can't Do That On Television, Salute Your Shorts, and Hey Dude were shows Nickelodeon was looking at.

However he also said All That was a show they were looking at. Of course in the case of All That, they might have music clearance issues.

They might also have international licensing issues for You Can't Do That On Television, since Nick only has the rights to the show in the states.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they do include the music in an All That season set DVD. At least for the reason, that without the musical guest, they won't include the music intro. I actully liked the music they had on the show, the first 5 seasons.

If you don't like the music, just fast forward past on the DVD. Anyway I want all the sketches from the show, including music intro sketches. They were good, especailly the Mavis and Clavis music intro sketches. I think Mavic and Clavis were in more music intro sketches than regular sketches. I loved Marvis and Clavis.

On the subject of music clearance, if All That is released on DVD, I have a good feeling they will clear the music rights, because Viacom was able to clear most of the music for Chappelle's show season 2 DVD.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Amazon now has 14 episodes of You can't do that On Television along with some other shows. Salute your shorts, Hey Dude, others...

I just watched the first episode (well, seems to be the first Season 2 episode about Working) and it was a blast. Looks and sounds WAY better than any other version I've acquired.

Highly recommended. I paid about $1 per episode, so about $14 or so. Great deal. Just hope they will do more.

I'm holding off on Salute your shorts. Hoping they'll just do a complete series on that. DVD would be nice, but at this point I just want to watch the things before I eyes/ears go out on me. :( So amazon UNbox is it for now.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Radioman970 said:
Amazon now has 14 episodes of You can't do that On Television along with some other shows. Salute your shorts, Hey Dude, others...
WHAT! when did Amazon get YCDTOTV? How is Amazon able to have it in the first place? Did Nick clear the copyrights with CJOH now CTV in Canada?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm not sure how it happened. It's just one of those I look for every now and then. Truly hoping for a complete set of those and SYS complete series. A couple of my holy grails.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Radioman970 said:
I'm not sure how it happened. It's just one of those I look for every now and then. Truly hoping for a complete set of those and SYS complete series. A couple of my holy grails.
That's great, Amazon gets exclusive stuff, typical of them. Can Shout Factory just buy the entire back catoalogue of Nick shows?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
darkrock17 said:
That's great, Amazon gets exclusive stuff, typical of them. Can Shout Factory just buy the entire back catoalogue of Nick shows?
that's my exact same thought. After only 2 episodes the nostalgia is down the hall and out the door. I'd love some of these series in complete form. This annoying sporadic releasing of these shows is a horrible way to do it. They couldn't even put out an entire season of Salute your Shorts and they list them on amazon as being by season and they are just random episodes. At least YCDTOTV is kind of in order in those 2 volumes.

I remember being so stuck on "Moose". I thought we were the same age, but she's a year older than my older sis. She was the enemy!! lol ... I'll be watcing these 14 episodes over and over for years. Can't wait for more.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Radioman970 said:
that's my exact same thought. After only 2 episodes the nostalgia is down the hall and out the door. I'd love some of these series in complete form. This annoying sporadic releasing of these shows is a horrible way to do it. They couldn't even put out an entire season of Salute your Shorts and they list them on amazon as being by season and they are just random episodes. At least YCDTOTV is kind of in order in those 2 volumes.

I remember being so stuck on "Moose". I thought we were the same age, but she's a year older than my older sis. She was the enemy!! lol ... I'll be watcing these 14 episodes over and over for years. Can't wait for more.
I have 50 episodes I downloaded from http://www.ycdtotv.com/ and the Worst of YCDTOTV special. If I knew how to make DVD's I could make a killing.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I have the complete set that a fan made. ( this guy : http://www.barthsburgery.com/ Here's where he does the downloads, rotating them: http://www.barthsburgery.com/epguide.htm ) They are all low resolution except for a few. I got several other sets on the net from people but they are all from the place in the link and a ripoff. None look anything like the ones on amazon. Those are definitely official and well worth what I paid. I'd just like them on DVD instead of downloads. But regardless, I'll be buying whatever they release at this point. I'm just getting too old waiting.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Radioman970 said:
I have the complete set that a fan made. ( this guy : http://www.barthsburgery.com/ Here's where he does the downloads, rotating them: http://www.barthsburgery.com/epguide.htm ) They are all low resolution except for a few. I got several other sets on the net from people but they are all from the place in the link and a ripoff. None look anything like the ones on amazon. Those are definitely official and well worth what I paid. I'd just like them on DVD instead of downloads. But regardless, I'll be buying whatever they release at this point. I'm just getting too old waiting.
That's where I downloaded those episodes from, not the pervious site i mentioned. I agree with you on getting old waiitng for this and all other series not our on DVD yet.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
There are 3 volumes of You can't do that on Television now on amazon for $7.99 each. Streaming only, but that's something. Just a heads up. I hope enough people buy these for them to start considering a full release on disc. Imagine the whole show out on blu or something crazy like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks