ok so now im stuck

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ELSock, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ELSock

ELSock Stunt Coordinator

After reading through the 7-8 page post on the PA speakers where 2 or 3 dudes were all like what the crap are you waiting for buy them immeidiately or we're coming for ur first born, i was all set to buy them, i looked 'em and they looked great, but then i read further and found that the sub is supposedly weak and i guess the "spades" fall off or something, that part confused me... i speak english not audiophile.... anywho but through my other searching i ended up on elemental designs page, little pricey for me but still not bad, and also i ended up on HTD but they're woofers are out of stock... so are these Premiere Acoustics systems worth it, like is the sub gonna sound lke a 3 year old bangin on a plastic drum, or are they gonna apart on me in a week? or should i be patient and drop like 2x the money on the HTDs? or are there some other options i'm not aware of?

thx
    ~ELSock~

2. aht3

aht3 Stunt Coordinator

Hey Sock,
    I moved myHSU to the LR and put the PA sub in my office. It sounds great. I am no audiophile but the question is how much bass do you need. This is not a bad sub and I would recommend it to anyone especially if they are on a budget. It complements my speakers well. As for the PA speakers, I have not heard the new ones that they are making. They now have a 3 way model with dual 8s on the fronts, surround and center. Check with the dealer and see if he will et you do an audition

I cannot speak for the new line of speaker except for the fact that it looks to be a better design. However; on the sub, I fully recommend it without thinking twice. I listen to mine almost allday ecerday in my office.

Hope this helps

3. ELSock

ELSock Stunt Coordinator

ok so after reading more into the the speakers and such, and i found Luis Gabriel Gerenas review. i hav decided to go with the Onix X series, for my 7.1. Now my question is this does anyone know how the x-sub sounds? and Are the X-sls really worth the $100 increase per set? so an xtra $300 total. thx for the help.

~ELSock~

ps. if someone could answer this too i would be greatful, my power supply on my pc is shot so i do all of my interneting on my ps3, and i can't view the HTD site on my PS3 which is another part of the reason i'm leanin toward the Onix, so if some one could post a ballpark figure for a 7.1 level 2, and a 7.1 level 3 i would be very thankful.

4. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

Socky,

I work for AV123 so I won't give you any opinions - just the facts [​IMG]