What's new

Ok now I've seen everything! (1 Viewer)

James RD

Supporting Actor
I used to have one just like it. The main problem with that model was the rusting. Otherwise it performed quite well.

Julie K

Screenwriter
laugh.gif

------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
laugh.gif

Ah, a most clever reference to Back to the Future!
(For those who don't know, the original draft of BTTF had the time machine as a refrigerator, but was replaced by the DeLorean)
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Yes, they performed well in their day, but with the advent of the Gravity Drive, the Flux capacitor models are pretty much obsolete.
Still for nostalgia reasons, if the price were right, I wouldn't mind restoring one.
I agree. However, you have neglected to mention several models that are also in existence:
1. The refrigerator model. Zaps you as far back into the land of dinosauria as you'd like. Compact, Lightweight, and easily damaged. Perfect for the infrequent traveler. Cost: $25,000,000.00
2. The Cell Phone Model: We can now time travel via wormholes. The special deluxe Cell Phone Model also comes with a switch that allows you to travel between parallel universes. Cost: $25,500,000,000.00
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I don't understand. I thought time machines were impossible to make.
confused.gif
Just fictional inventions by HG Wells and TV shows.
The only possible explanation I see is that some of you guys actually used this model and are from the future, where the machines are readily available.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
PS- How's life in 2000? I'm sure you folks by now love those flying cars!

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Hmmm.....I have a flux capacitor i was thinking of putting up for auction. I was thinking of selling it to Doc though.
Sorry guys, gotta go, I'm having a beer with Biff.
laugh.gif

Jason
------------------
Link Removed
[email protected] ICQ: 16733922 I Am Jack's DVD List
"Look, I'm Mrs. Hitler!" Rat Race
Film Critic, Link Removed

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
You missed the auction for dryer lint. :)
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I didn't actually see it at ebay, but local news here reported on a guy who owned a recording studio somewhere in (I think) North Vancouver, and was auctioning off the urinal. Evidently he thought big, big dollars would be paid out to own the receptacle that a whole slew of famous recording artists had befouled. He made a point of mentioning that all of the Rolling Stones had used it.
Where's the hurling smiley when you need it.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
You must be from a different time than me, I thought these were banned in 2031, when president Schwarzenegger disappeared...........?
They were banned. But then, President Schwarzenegger mysteriously reappeared in 2042 looking like he did in 1994. The guys at the top were very suspicious of this fact and reinstated the units so everyone could help find out if it is in fact the real Schwarzenegger or a Terminator sent back through time by Skynet.
Only time will be able to tell the outcome of this situation.
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The refrigerator model. Zaps you as far back into the land of dinosauria as you'd like..
That's an absolutely false claim! It won't ever bring you further back than the Great Ice Age (about 1 million years ago), because that's were it's powered from. Don't buy this item guys! Or bid substantially lower if you do.
Cees

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Damn I wanted this!!
My toaster broke down and I wa stuck without donuts...AH!! :)
Brent L

David Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, Now I can go back and see the Red Sox win the World Series. I never thought I'd be able to do that. Thanks for the tip.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
(For those who don't know, the original draft of BTTF had the time machine as a refrigerator, but was replaced by the DeLorean)
Good thing, too. Otherwise, the BTTF legacy never would have existed. Can you imagine Marty McFly cruising around in a refrigerator? Ugh! Talk about a box office flop...
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him to use the HTF and keep him occupied for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks