What's new

OK, It now Official, My Own Company. (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Congrats and I hope it all works out...its a tough tough market out there what with all the big box stores around etc....good luck and kep us posted on how business is.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Business is picking up. I am getting job after job from word of mouth and people who just happen to have my card. I am just psyched. Just did a calibration and this guy was Blown away by how good his set looked when I was done. he said 100% better.

later

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Glad to hear it! Let's face it. You didn't exactly pick the best time to go out on your own. But how could you have know how bad the economy was going to get. I hope the other aspects of your life are going smoothly as well.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Yes, some customers are going to be asses, no matter what you do. Recommendation: I assume that you are measuring and adjusting things like the gamma curve, color drive & cut settings, etc. Compile a before and after report of the settings and measurements. Don't let the customer's perception come into play... by having the report the customer knows exactly what was adjusted and how things were improved (before and after gamma and color curve plots, etc.). Most good calibration software will auto-generate these reports. This is also helpful in case of lawsuits (you have proof that you did the spec'd work).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Start thinking about add on sales. You have peoples attentions now, how do you take it to the next level. You are providing a service of course, but unless you are like a plumber that has 40 hours a week booked you can do more =)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks