What's new

OK Im Doing It (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Hello All,

Well after years of thinking and countless people telling me to do it I am finally going through with it. Im doing Stand up Comedy. Wish me Luck.

Ill give all the info later

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator
Did you hear the one about the guy who wanted to be a stand up comic and posted about it in a home theater forum? ;)

:D

Good luck.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Nope No Joke.

A few years back I was at a taping of King Of Queens with a buddy of mine. I got to talking to the warm up comedian and he let me go up in front of the audience and do a little schtick. Well I guess I did OK since the whole place was laughing along with some of the cast members who were watching behind me. After I was done the warm up guys asked if I had ever done stand up before? After i told I Had never done this he said i should "LOOK INTO IT" . Well now I have.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Mark, that's very cool. I will you every possible success. :)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Very Cool, but in show biz, we say "Break a Leg!"
So, break a leg Mark.

Hey, you're not one of those "What's the deal with homework?" kind of guys are you? :D
I'm looking forward to the MP3 of the show that you will undoubtedly be posting.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Would it be OK if I hijacked this thread and told you all that I'm pursuing my dream of becoming a tap dancing male stripper? (The finale is faaa-bulous!):D

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
sweet, you wouldnt be opening for dane cook by any chance, would you? because i'll be going to see him, and he is playing at faneuil hall from 8.29 - 8.31. let us know when you will be there, i'll come see the show.

CJ

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Christ I am Not opening for Dane Cook But That would be sweet if I could, and I am also going to see Dane.

Watch me bitch slap this baboon............Gorgeous

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
The Kind Of Comedy I do is based on my Uncanny ability of impersonation. What I do is take a Character who we all Know and put them into a situation that is common to us but yet you can see that person doing it. I Just dont come out and do a scene with brando I put them into something else.

For example one bit that I am working on (this is not part of my skit as of yet) is what if Forrest Gump was the Voice of Movie Phone.

"Hello Thank you for calling, Calling Movie Phone"

"If you Know what movie you would like to see push enter the first 3 letters.

BEEP BEEP BOOP

"OH Thats a Good Movie, Momma said that was a good movie. Jennie also like that Movie. etc etc etc.

OBTW IM gonna be there on Aug. 11th

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks