What's new

Oh No.. Star Trek 10 is now going to released 2 days after lord of the ring part 2!!! (1 Viewer)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
This is REALLY stupid. I will see STX because I'm a fan, but a lot of people wont see two movies that close together. It's going to get killed if they actually do this!

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

marshall

Jeff

Supporting Actor
After reading the script, I think the movie will be doomed regardless of the opening date.

Jeff

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Stewart was on E! New Daily commenting on Star Trek X. He was asked if there was an end in sight to The Next Generation films. He basically said "I don't know. It always depends on profit. But I see a specific sequel in this particular film".

Yet another flaw in the "final TNG film" theory.

You can download the clip on MediaTrek.com.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I think that is not a smart decision. That would be like opening a burger king across the street from a very sucessful McDonalds rather than finding a good exclusive location.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm more concerned that John Logan wrote Trek 10. I felt Galadiator was not very good, I had no interest in the characters and I felt nothing from that film. I just saw The Time Machine which he also wrote and it was a fractured mess. It was lacking, mainly a big CGI fest.

I know Logan has been said that he's a real fan of the Original Series and TNG. And he says he knows all the minute details of every Trek and grew up playing Trek. So I have hope he did a good job with Nemesis.

Anyone think I'm wrong to think Logan will mess this film up?

nelson

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
It was lacking, mainly a big CGI fest.
Actually, there wasn't a lot of CGI in the film. Most of it was live sets and landscapes. The CGI was mainly the Colosseum and the sweeping wide angle shots of Rome. Certainly, I wouldn't call it a CGI-fest.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Nelson, I think you're wrong.:)
I've read the Star Trek: Nemesis script a few times and think its great. Logan's style of writing was a nice fit within the Star Trek universe and I think the script that he co-wrote is one of the best Trek stories yet.
I predict that if the film stays relativey close to the sript, it will be a tremendous success.
Star Trek has a built in audience so it really doesn't matter that much when it opens. Its core fans will all eventually get around to seeing it.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I thought that the cgi fest was with regards to Time Machine, not Gladiator.
Personally, I could care less when a movie comes out. If I want to see a movie, I go out and see it. If a bunch come up in the same time period, I see one each weekend. Most movies are are for a few weeks and I certainly can see a movie a week.
Then again, what do I know? :)

Anders Englund

Second Unit
I could care less when it opens.
I actually agree with this. I'm not a die-hard, speaking-klingon Star Trek fan, but I do love the show, and the movies (except for 4 and 5). I really don't care when the movie opens as long as it does. I'll see it. Now, imagine what my die-hard, speaking-klingon Star Trek fan friends will do? That's the target audience.

Any movie would have problems competeing with TTT, Potter and Bond 20, but if the compeating movie is part of a series or a huge franchise, it will have a market.

--Anders

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Tino-

I hope you're right. I've seen your past discussions of the script for Nemesis. But I never read them as I didn't want to see any spoilers.

I have heard one spoiler from a friend who had read or was told that this script was to include Nimoy as Spock, but a deal was not made. And it sounded to him to have been what would have made the film great. I ignore these stories and I want to see the film unspoiled. As I said, I hope you're right and that Logan did well for Star Trek. I know he's a fan, so I have no doubt he knows the subject. I just hope the kinds of things he's done were just not to my taste.

I am the core audience for this film, although I am mostly a Original Series fan, I appreciate the newer iterations of Trek.

And to stay on topic, I will see Trek on openning day regardless of the other films, And I'll see Bond 20 on openning weekend. The other films I'll get to as well. So bring them on.

Nelson

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
maybe we should send this post to paramount.. prove them right that they messed up big times about the release for star trek 10?

JACOB

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
maybe we should send this post to paramount.. prove them right that they messed up big times about the release for star trek 10?
how is that? the article stated that the release date was going to be the 20th, but the only release date i ever heard was the 13th, 5 days BEFORE ttt's release. granted, it was still competing with bond and potter, not to mention maid in manhattan...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The thing that gets me is that there were indications this was ready to go in September or October. It could have done fairly well there, and, with the attached Enterprise trailer/new season starting up around then, been good cross-promotion.

(The funny thing is, with all the talk of "saturating the market", both TNG and DS9 had their highest ratings when they were able to cross-promote each other)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but the market was being saturated with good product when TNG and DS9 were running concurrently.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not arguing - but few people make that distinction, and the impression that comes across is that the problem is that there's X amount of Star Trek, versus the fact that 90% of X is dross.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks