What's new

Oh Man DAAAAAAA BEARS! (1 Viewer)

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
The Bears "charmed" life is about to end this Sunday....The Pack is gonna put them back in their place! There is nothing "super" or "natural" about da Bears.....
Matt
GO PACK!
------------------
NO OAR...NO SALE/NO RENTAL!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
There is nothing "super" or "natural" about da Bears.....
Obviously, that must apply to the Packers as well. Because they were completely DISMANTLED by what looks like a very average team in the Minnesota Vikings. Right, Cheesehead?
wink.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
D'OH! (slaps head). Yea, I guess you got me there, although the Pack did lose up in the Metrodome both recent Super Bowl appearance years......
Matt
------------------
NO OAR...NO SALE/NO RENTAL!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Bears only lose........
Week 1 vs. the Super Bowl Champs
Packers best ass whoopin'......
The Super Bowl Champs
The cheese will be flowin' in Chicago on Sunday. :)
GO PACK GO!!!!!
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Bears finally came back to earth. I blame the loss on the coaching staff for horrendous playcalling. Three examples:
1. Calling a reverse on third and two and losing yardage, partially because the runner (Booker) had been injured on the previous play.
2. Spiking the ball on second down with 43 seconds and two timeouts left.
3. Wasting a timeout after Green Bay had just called a timeout.
There were other coaching blunders, such as the Bears refusal to throw the ball downfield or in the endzone. They kept throwing three-yard passes, and basically went nowhere on offense. And on defense there was absolutely no pass rush, apparently because the defensive coordinator decided not to blitz -- at all.
I suppose the bright side is that with all the problems the Bears exhibited, they only lost by eight points.
------------------
Home Theater Pictures

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
They kept throwing three-yard passes
That is what the Bears do every game. 3rd and long, they will throw a 3 to 4 yard pass. They don't even attempt to throw the ball down field.
BTW, The Packers proved once again that the Bears are still their bitch.
laugh.gif

-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
I'm from Chicago - but a diehard Dolphins fan. Anyway,
how can you say a team that won 6 games in a row suck?
They are tied for first half way through the season.
That makes absolutely no sense.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
It's called trash-talking, Frank. Packer fans are very good at it. Admittedly, this might be the first year (in quite awhile) that they actually win the Central Division. Thanks in part to Brett Favre's greatness, Green's strong running, and a very solid defense. The Vikings and Bucs are definitely down for a variety of reasons and the Packers also have the benefit of a creampuff schedule due to their mediocrity the last few years.
That said, their high hopes will come crashing down in the playoffs when they get bitch-slapped by the Rams. Primarily because of their very average receiving corps.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Is it just me or have the Bears not played a team that is good this season. No wonder they are doing so good.
BTW... F*CK THE PACKERS. Go Chargers, Dolphins, Bills and Bucs!!!
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Is it just me or have the Bears not played a team that is good this season. No wonder they are doing so good.
The Giants made it to the Super Bowl last year on just such a schedule. The only team with a winning record that they beat in the regular season was Philly.
The good news is this is the last season of the unbalanced schedule where 5th place teams have a much easier schedule than division winners. Next year, with a new team and realignment, the NFL goes back to a balanced schedule. That will reduce the parity somewhat, but will also reduce the number of regular season matchups between top teams. Therefore, it's a good news / bad news situation.
Meanwhile, the Lions are still the only NFL team with a perfect record. They are halfway to a perfect season.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

David Oliver

Second Unit
Frank,
As a Packer fan I am fully qualified to state that no matter how much the Bears win they still suck. Why? Becasue they are the Bears.

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
Yes - I know what 'talking smack is' DOH :)
I did not catch that David O. was a Pack fan in CA.
Now, it makes sense. I thought he may be one of those
loud mouth Raider fans
biggrin.gif
However, it is great to see this rivalry actually have
a game that really means something (1st place), instead
of only one team (Packs) actually playing for a reason.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
David, as a Packer backer, it must kill you this morning to know that the Pack SUCKS!!! What happened? Thought Favre and company were supposed to walk over their creampuff schedule in a cakewalk? What was your boy doing...tossing up a floater at the end when they only needed to get into field goal range? :laugh:
The Pack is Back...in second place! :D

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
As a Packer fan, I am disappointed with yesterday's horrible performance.
I will also continue to say that the Packer's greatest strength is their greatest weakness (Brett Favre). There was no reason for him to throw that pass at the end of the game, but then again, there was no reason for Sherman to keep Favre in at the end of the Vikings game (he alsmost got injured). There have been some real poor decisions made by the Pack this year and that is why they will not get back to the Super Bowl this year. I still stand by my predicition of Rams vs. Pack in the NFC title game, but the Rams win in a route.
BTW, the Bears did look good yesterday, see what happens when you throw the ball more than three yards. :)
-Dean-

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Well, the Bears are not immune to bad decisions. The piddly 2-yard passes in the flat against the Pack are what doomed them a week ago. Yes, the passing game looked better (even if the running game was anemic) against Tampa, but Jauron's boneheaded decision at the end not to punt the ball away on fourth down damn near cost the Bears the game.

David Oliver

Second Unit
But Michael,
The Bears still suck :D . Brett Favre is maddening, but there is no one I would rather have QBing my team. I dunno what was in their heads yesterday, it seemed like the whole team was too preoccupied to be bothered with playing good football. I wonder if they will cut Chris Akins, that was just boneheaded and then to compound it by throwing a hissy fit on the sidelines. We are probably to thin in the defensive backfield to let him go, but I wouldn't be sorry to see him pack his bags. You can't take a day off in the NFL (unless, I guess, it is really a day off, then I suppose it's ok).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks