What's new

Oh boy a new subwoofer thread! (1 Viewer)

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,

I love my current sub, which is

5.5 cu ft.
Tumult
2 18" PR's
Crown K1
Paradigm X-30
(soon) Feedback Destroyer
(sometimes for fun) Phase Coupled Activator

But then I started getting the itch for design. My current sub is still naked (MDF) but here is what I'm thinking.

I want to make a small sub. Tiny. Super small. For no apparent reason other than I want to. I'm thinking something along the lines of 10" cubed. maybe a little bigger. 4 8" woofs. Sealed (undoutably with Linkwitz transform), or 2 8" PR's. (Does anyone make a 8" PR worth using?)

It doesn't have to go that low 28-30Hz or a touch under is fine. (My Tumult is tuned to about 15Hz). It doesn't have to play that loud either -but a healthy XMax would of course be beneficial. It'd be nice if it wasn't a distortion box.

Any decent 8" out there for a reasonable price?

I'm not worried about amp power -assume I'll have a crown K1 available for playing.

Chris

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Well, the Tang Band 8" from Nuera should have plenty of excursion and power handling for a Linkwitz Transform. Go with 4 of them. One on each side. Then put the binding posts on the back and connect up to an outboard amplifier for plenty of power. That's just a small sealed box with 4 woofers. Something different will be necessary for PRs.

Mark gas

Second Unit
You might wanna try the New ED big 8's comming out. One or 2 should work good with the power you have in a ported box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks