offline files stored where?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Christ Reynolds, May 16, 2003.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    in using windows xp, where exactly do the offline files get stored? i can see the link that i saved in the offline web pages folder, but its just a link, where are the html and images themselves? any help is much appreciated.

CJ

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I've always been curious about the very interesting Charlemagne quote. Is that from a book?

I'm sorry I know nothing about the subject you are questioning, but perhaps a little thread bump will produce more viewings [​IMG]

3. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ

4. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

The default location in XP, 2000, etc. is C:Documents and Settings(username)Local SettingsTemporary Internet Files. I think you can specify an alternate location when you set up a site to be viewable offline.

If you "clear your cache" by deleting Temporary Internet Files from within IE, you have the option of keeping or deleting offline content.

5. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

Sean Connery said that in the last Indiana Jones move after he scared the seagulls off the beach and into the Nazi airplane that was about to mow them down.

6. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ

7. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I could never forget that one. I just always crack up at his umbrella in that scene. He's walking down the beach and the wind is blowing about 20mph. I wonder how many takes they had to do because of the umbrella blowing away.