What's new

***Official "ZOOLANDER" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Zoolander". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Zoolander" should be posted to this thread .
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Dugger
[Edited last by Chris Dugger on September 28, 2001 at 07:08 AM]

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It's pretty fun, and at 89 minutes can't be accused of wearing out its welcome. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are, as always, a hoot together (the "walk-off" sequence is a delight) and the way in which the film threads together fashion industry nonsense and spy movie cliches is clever.
Tons of cameos, too. I believe that's Vince Vaughn as one of Zoolander's silent brothers, but I'm not sure he took a credit. And there's a gag at the tail end of the film, involving a statue, that's inspired.
I thought the removal of the Twin Towers from a sequence or two was a well-intentioned mistake. They were there when the movie was made, let em stay in.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
So I'm not the only one who thought that the towers were missing? What I don't get is, how can they remove the towers digitally and reprint all the reels in less than 2 weeks?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I think the funniest part was Zoolander and his friends driving around and having the gasoline fight.
TRULY HYSTARICAL!!!
laugh.gif

------------------

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
So I'm not the only one who thought that the towers were missing? What I don't get is, how can they remove the towers digitally and reprint all the reels in less than 2 weeks?
The vast majority of shots showing the skyline were of midtown from the east. The towers wouldn't have been visible.
M.

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Saw Zoolander with JohnS and Mike Deakin in LA on Sunday. Incredibly stupid movie, but I got my moneys worth cause I was laughing all the way to the end. JohnS can confirm that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks