What's new

*** Official *** XBox 360 Software Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
When I first played the demo, I was impressed with the graphics, but not the gameplay. The only boxing I've really been exposed to was from the "Rocky" films. However, now I'm getting into it a lot more. Playing a 2 player match is fun too.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Doug - I agree that DOA4 is a beautiful game and the play is smooth, however I am extremely disappointed with it because the game is ridiculously difficult to the point of it not being fun to play.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

I agree somewhat too. Online play or having friends stop by is when I have the most fun. Fighting Alpha-152 brings me back to the days of throwing my controllers across the room. A very cheap boss. I haven't even gotten through Time Attack with anyone yet. I guess I won't have all of the costumes. Oh well, they aren't as good as the ones on DOA:U anyway.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I finally gave up and sold DOA4 and Condemned today. DOA4 was just too annoyingly hard (a challenge is one thing but every fight was like playing against a jacked-up Fulgore from Killer Instinct Gold) and Condemned was flat out dull; After the first 10 minutes of wondering around bashing in heads with a 2x4, all the creepy tension is gone and you're left with a hideously dull Resident Evil clone. I still have CoD2, PGR3 and NfS:MW which have my full attention until Elder Scrolls and Burnout are released.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Clinton -- Yeah, I know what you mean. DOA4 is ridiculous. I'm looking forward to moving so I'll be live, maybe I'll have more fun then. Playing that game solo is not fun.

In terms of Condemned, I'm kind of with you. I loved Resident Evil; in fact, that was why I bought my original PS. I've played Condemned in one sitting for an hour or two -- It's a lot of walking around with not much happening. I was excited when it started, it seemed great, but so far it was a lot of walking around in the dark trying to find the guy that took my gun. The squinting in the dark (yes, I turned on the flashlight,) was giving me a headache.

I still enjoy Madden (even though it blows in the feature dept.) and am looking forward to Major League Baseball 2K6. I did a quick search to see if there's any preview yet (I didn't find one,) only to find out that 2K6 will also feature the World Baseball Classic in the game. Cool! I loved last years MVP, and pray that 2K6 is 50% the game that was.

Doug

Thijs

Grip
Fight Night Round 3 is amazing, those graphics are outstanding and even more awesome on a projector, things just start to live then.

I just don't get it though when i am player two that i always lose from my brother,however ....when i am player 1 i always win from him. That's really weird...when i'm player two i can't seem to hit him and the boxer seems kinda slow, maybe it's just the demo though, but i simplydon't like to play as player 2.

What about GRAW guys, soon a demo will finally hit and when it's march 9th, it's time for the full game, damn...can't wait any longer for that one.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Yeah, I haven't played any Tom Clancy games yet, but GRAW will probably be my first. But, I can't wait for Burnout on the 7th. Even though I have the Xbox version, having it in 720p and the improved sound is gonna be worth it to me. I love that game!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i can't wait for GRAW either. right now i'm finishing up COD2 on veteran. while i loved the original GRs, GR2 was not as good i thought (though i still finished it). hopefully this one will rock.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
need some help!

i just dl'd the King Kong demo last night, could NOT figure out the controls (are they context-sensitive?) - and couldn't find them on the net (not for the 360 anyways). could someone please tell me? or direct me to where it is.

thanks

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Sorry to be a little late but I got my 360 just last month. It seems there aren't much titles to get yet. I only have Kameo for my RPG fan son of mine and COD2 for me but I'm a little dissapointed in it. Don't get me wrong it a remarkable single player game but I guess I've been spoiled by the HALO series having coop play for 2. Wouldn't it be real fun to play coop in COD2 blasting away at some "Jerries"?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
does anyone know if the Ghost Recon game will use the left-trigger zoom, or the traditional left-thumbstick zoom? since playing COD2, i think the left-trigger one is way better.

EricW

Senior HTF Member

i don't think you can. i guess left-trigger to hold breath is okay, but i still find pressing down on the right-thumbstick to toggle through zooms is a bit annoying, especially when you got 2 zooms.

it's a great game, but my only gripes are:

1) when in zoom, moving the gun left to right is WAAAAAAAAAY too slow.

2) when you're against the wall in "cover" mode, going in and out of map will take you off the cover mode.

otherwise this is a fun game. my tv is HD but only 36" 4:3, and it makes me REALLY want a bigscreen tv, with all the detail it shows.

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you with a Fry's in the area, if you want to pick up stuff like Burnout Revenge, DOA4, and Fight Night round 3, they have them on sale for 48 bucks this weekend. At least the Fry's in the puget sound area does. I'm glad I finally found a 360 and can take advantage of this sale.

A

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I picked up Burnout Revenge the Friday after release and sold it the next day. I was not at all impressed. :thumbsdown: I can't quite put my finger on it, but the game was not near as fun as Burnout and Burnout 2. I could only get $45 for it, but it was enough that I could buy a used copy of Fight Night. Now that's more of what I was expecting from next-gen gaming. I don't even like boxing but I was hooked the day it came out and I rented it.

The next day, while I was still in the selling mood, I unloaded NFS:MW (it's a shame I had become bored with it so quickly) and my PS2 with a couple games. I got enough from that sell that I picked up a Nintendo DS / Animal Crossing bundle and Final Fantasy I & II for the GBA.

Now I'm gonna have three games going at the same time: Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy on the DS and Elder Scrolls on the 360. :D When will I ever sleep?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks