What's new

Official XBox 360 HD-DVD add-on Review Thread (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
So can anybody confirm/deny the rumor that all Weinstein Co. DVDs fail to play in this drive?

I'm going off a comment I read by a customer on Amazon.com but I wanted to ask on here before I get the Feast HD-DVD.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Just bought mine tonight with a Rewards Card certificate and a 12% off coupon at Best Buy. Got THE FOUNTAIN, APOLLO 13 and EXCALIBUR, but didn't get too much of a chance to check them all out. Everything looks and sounds great, though. My system is a Samsung 1080p DLP 5087 and the Onkyo 507.

Clutch

Agent
Real Name
Anthony
Great! I'm so glad I came in here to find out about this add-on!

I am currently looking into the add-on for the 360 and was wondering if it was any good. The first page sealed the deal!!!

Now just to come up with the money for it and the Matrix boxed set!!!

Thanks all!

Ed Speir IV

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys! I just made the move this week and purchased the XBox HD-DVD Drive and The Ultimate Matrix box set!

I noticed that the audio/video was ever so slightly out of sync on The Matrix (haven't watched the others yet). I downloaded the update via CD today thanks to this thread and I'm gonna update when I get home tonight. Hopefully this will take care of the problem....

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I have a question for all of you HD 360 users:

How are you displaying your sound?

I have an older AIWA receiver, and of course, it only has one optical audio input, and I've got my DVD player hooked up to that.

Is there a way to get a splitter, or some kind of a device that will allow me to buy another optical cable to hook up to my 360 to get the same quality sound?

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, there are audio and video switch boxes. You should be able to find a small video + audio switch box and just use it for your optical cables.

JeffLab

Stunt Coordinator
Hey folks, I am a new owner of the HD-DVD add-on for the 360, and I was wondering what the consensus was on the sound quality on the WMA audio option, compared to DD or DTS. I did a quick look through this thread and couldn't find any info. Thanks for your help!
Update: I found the info I needed while searching other sites, looks like DTS is still the way to go. Thanks anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks