What's new

*** Official WITHOUT A PADDLE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've had no interest in the gross-out / sex-out movies of the past several years -- I've not seen There's Something abot Mary or American Pie. But this movie is strangely appealing to me. I may rent it when it comes to video.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Harold and Kumar didn't tank. The movie only cost 9 million to make and it's grossed nearly twice that.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep.

But this movie is way worse then Harold & Kumar. It's just mentally offensive. I put it in a category slightly above "Freddy Got Fingered"

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Not in the least bit. This looks so bad I'll most likely never see it.

Did any of you people ripping on it actually see it? I saw it a few weeks back (my theatre has had the print sitting around for awhile now); and it's actually quite funny. THe marketing is TERRIBLE for this film and makes it look completely unfunny and pidgeonholed into the "skip" category. Give it a shot, it's actually quite a fun and funny movie.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
yeah, the diff between Harold and Kumar, and this is that... Harold and Kumar was GOOD... :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The movie looks awful. But, the line..."I don't have to run faster than the bear...Just faster than you" is a great line.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I love the quote from the above link:

Want to know why Paramount Pictures is struggling? Watch Without a Paddle and you'll gain some insight. At least the film understands what it is, as is indicated by the steaming pile of excrement that appears 2/3 of the way through the proceedings.

Ouch.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It is fine to make all the assumptions you want, but until you see it, do not give it a lashing. I will see the movie, simply because stupid comedies can and often do work. I can laugh at Dumb and Dumberer, so I am sure I can laugh at this.

Ryan

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I agree, but that's probably as funny and clever as the movie gets. I hadn't seen that bit in the trailer, so it did elicit a chuckle when I saw the movie.

Curious to see if A) anyone's venturing out to see this one, and B) what their reaction will be.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Without a Paddle" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Without A Paddle" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks