What's new

*** Official "VIEW FROM THE TOP" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Ryan FB

Second Unit
This movie is a simple, romantic comedy, that seemed to fall short of what it was trying to achieve. It's still light, enjoyable fare, but not much of anything great. The movie is incredibly short, weighing in at around 87 minutes, and it feels like quite a bit was cut out of the film. The outtakes/deleted scenes at the end (of which the trailer seems mostly composed from) are great, and seem to give credence to this idea. The characters are never really fully fleshed out, spreading the time developing them too thin and all over the place, so I never really became attached to any of them. Gwyneth Paltrow gives an acceptable performance as the lead character Donna, but it seemed to me that her accent changed throughout the movie, which was slightly distracting. Mike Meyers really steals the show as flight attendant trainer John Whitney, providing most of the good laughs in the film. Much of the story revolves around the romance between Paltrow's character and Ted (played by Mark Ruffalo), and it seems somewhat distant and uninspired. All in all though, the film didn't seem to know where it wanted to go with what it had, and I think it could have been much better if they had taken the pure comedy aspect of it and run with it.

:star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "View From The Top". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks